Wireless signal strength indication too high - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Wireless signal strength indication too high - Mandriva ; I installed clean on my laptop when 2008.1 came out, and have done all updates regularly. Sometime during the past month or so, an update has changed the way the network applet in the system tray shows signal strength. It ...

  1. Wireless signal strength indication too high

    I installed clean on my laptop when 2008.1 came out, and have done all
    updates regularly.

    Sometime during the past month or so, an update has changed the way the
    network applet in the system tray shows signal strength. It used to
    accord with the output of "iwconfig", now it shows me ridiculous numbers,
    like 190 %.

    Has anyone else seen this or is my laptop possessed by an evil daemon?

  2. Re: Wireless signal strength indication too high

    Mark Madsen writes:

    >I installed clean on my laptop when 2008.1 came out, and have done all
    >updates regularly.

    >Sometime during the past month or so, an update has changed the way the
    >network applet in the system tray shows signal strength. It used to
    >accord with the output of "iwconfig", now it shows me ridiculous numbers,
    >like 190 %.

    >Has anyone else seen this or is my laptop possessed by an evil daemon?

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_E...of_over_100.25
    (Summary-- Problem is known, it is cosmetic only and will be fixed on next
    release of drakenet)

  3. Re: Wireless signal strength indication too high

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:51:32 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    > Mark Madsen writes:
    >
    >>I installed clean on my laptop when 2008.1 came out, and have done all
    >>updates regularly.

    >>Sometime during the past month or so, an update has changed the way the
    >>network applet in the system tray shows signal strength. It used to
    >>accord with the output of "iwconfig", now it shows me ridiculous
    >>numbers, like 190 %.

    >>Has anyone else seen this or is my laptop possessed by an evil daemon?

    > http://wiki.mandriva.com/

    en/2008.1_Errata#Network_status_applet_reports_wirele ss_signal_strength_of_over_100.25
    > (Summary-- Problem is known, it is cosmetic only and will be fixed on
    > next release of drakenet)

    Seems to be fixed in one of the 44 updates that had accumulated while I
    was holidaying, sadly my link quality is now correctly reported as 57%.

+ Reply to Thread