IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux? - Mandriva ; Hi, I am just wondering. Yesterday I got a dvd file from my brother, it was from his wedding some years ago, AND it is in Winimage format .IMG...Now I want to burn it to a dvd, but all I ...

  1. IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux?

    Hi,
    I am just wondering. Yesterday I got a dvd file from my brother, it was
    from his wedding some years ago, AND it is in Winimage format .IMG...Now
    I want to burn it to a dvd, but all I am able to burn under Mandriva
    (K3B and Nero Linux) are Iso files...Do I have to copy the file over to
    my Win$ machine or are there means of converting a IMG file over to ISO
    under mandriva? I would not mind a gui-interface either =0)
    Help...Please
    (I have tried Kiso...but I am still stuck)

    All the best
    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008.1 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux?

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 19:51:30 +0200, Roger wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am just wondering. Yesterday I got a dvd file from my brother, it was
    > from his wedding some years ago, AND it is in Winimage format .IMG...Now
    > I want to burn it to a dvd, but all I am able to burn under Mandriva
    > (K3B and Nero Linux) are Iso files...Do I have to copy the file over to
    > my Win$ machine or are there means of converting a IMG file over to ISO
    > under mandriva? I would not mind a gui-interface either =0)
    > Help...Please
    > (I have tried Kiso...but I am still stuck)
    >

    > All the best
    > Roger

    ..img might be either clonecd or winimage

    http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/CD_Image_Conversion
    has some great info on conversions

    is also worth a read

  3. Re: IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux?

    On 2008-08-09, Asis wrote:
    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 19:51:30 +0200, Roger wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I am just wondering. Yesterday I got a dvd file from my brother, it was
    >> from his wedding some years ago, AND it is in Winimage format .IMG

    > .img might be either clonecd or winimage

    Or it might be an ISO too? (never heard of winimage)

    Try using the 'file' command on it at the command prompt...

    eg.
    $ file a.img
    a.img: UDF filesystem data (version 1.5) 'WEDDING'

    Lordy

  4. Re: IMG files to ISO? Is this possible under Mandriva Linux? SOLVED

    lordy skrev:
    > On 2008-08-09, Asis wrote:
    >> On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 19:51:30 +0200, Roger wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I am just wondering. Yesterday I got a dvd file from my brother, it was
    >>> from his wedding some years ago, AND it is in Winimage format .IMG

    >> .img might be either clonecd or winimage

    > Or it might be an ISO too? (never heard of winimage)
    >
    > Try using the 'file' command on it at the command prompt...
    >
    > eg.
    > $ file a.img
    > a.img: UDF filesystem data (version 1.5) 'WEDDING'
    >
    > Lordy

    Hi all, and thanks.
    I thought, "What the he*k" and tried choosing burn in K3B and chose the
    IMG file and burned it...what do you know, it actually worked, I can now
    watch the film on my tv.WHOA. Linux is just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008.1 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

+ Reply to Thread