RT2600 802.11 MIMO - Mandriva

This is a discussion on RT2600 802.11 MIMO - Mandriva ; This card using the rt61 module runs fine while in live cd mode. Once 2008.1 is installed it is no longer recognized. Is there a way to transfer appropriate folders or files from the cd? Logged in as root I ...

  1. RT2600 802.11 MIMO

    This card using the rt61 module runs fine while in live cd mode. Once
    2008.1 is installed it is no longer recognized.

    Is there a way to transfer appropriate folders or files from the cd?
    Logged in as root I found many items greyed out in the sys/module area.

  2. Re: RT2600 802.11 MIMO

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:24:56 -0400, Jim wrote:

    > This card using the rt61 module runs fine while in live cd mode. Once
    > 2008.1 is installed it is no longer recognized.

    Boot from the live cd, and look for any lines related to rt61pci in
    /etc/modprobe.conf.

    In the installed version, add those lines (if any) there, and also add
    rt61pci
    to /etc/modprobe.preload.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins