connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused - Mandriva

This is a discussion on connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused - Mandriva ; Hi I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net; it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port 22 closed to ssh - did you folks out ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99

  1. connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    Hi

    I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port
    22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the same problem? How could
    did you solve it? No luck making shorewall to go down.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Joshua

  2. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:47:49 +0200, Josh wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    > it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008;

    Which one of the 4+ 2008* installs? Show us the output from

    cat /etc/lsb-release

    > now I have port 22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the
    > same problem?

    Not me, 2008.0 and 2008.1 32 bit install.

    > How could did you solve it?

    I solve it by clicking up a terminal on the inbound/target system.

    ssh $USER@$(hostname)

    to verify ssh works locally.
    Any time ssh fails, I

    su - root
    tail -f /var/log/messages

    Then try the ssh $USER@target.machine

    > No luck making shorewall to go down.

    Was that a "shorewall clear" command?

  3. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    Josh wrote:

    > I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    > it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port
    > 22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the same problem? How could
    > did you solve it? No luck making shorewall to go down.

    There has been a tendency over the last several years for Mandriva to
    stomp on config files in /etc during updates. In particular, and
    relevant to what you are seeing, rules.drakx was often changed. This
    became such an issue that my Mandriva systems now all have copies of
    most of /etc and bits and pieces of other directories under
    /root/saf_config, along with scripts to compare these after each update.
    So, my general answer to your question is that you should do something
    similar, so that when an errant update reconfigures your system, you can
    automatically locate the problem and resolve it. The scripts and method
    were posted in this forum 25 Jun 2007 with the subject: "Baby steps
    towards surviving overly helpful helper scripts".

    Regards,

    David Mathog

  4. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    Josh writes:

    >Hi

    >I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    >it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port
    >22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the same problem? How could
    >did you solve it? No luck making shorewall to go down.

    Is sshd running on that computer? do you allow connections from your
    computer to that one in /etc/hosts.allow on the server?
    Does your firewall allow connections from that computer?

  5. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On 2008-08-06, David Mathog wrote:
    > Josh wrote:
    >
    >> I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    >> it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port
    >> 22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the same problem? How could
    >> did you solve it? No luck making shorewall to go down.

    > There has been a tendency over the last several years for Mandriva to
    > stomp on config files in /etc during updates. In particular, and
    > relevant to what you are seeing, rules.drakx was often changed. This
    > became such an issue that my Mandriva systems now all have copies of
    > most of /etc and bits and pieces of other directories under
    > /root/saf_config, along with scripts to compare these after each update.
    > So, my general answer to your question is that you should do something
    > similar, so that when an errant update reconfigures your system, you can
    > automatically locate the problem and resolve it. The scripts and method
    > were posted in this forum 25 Jun 2007 with the subject: "Baby steps
    > towards surviving overly helpful helper scripts".

    One way to keep an eye out for "helpers" is to keep a copy
    (and/or an RCS repository) of all the configuration files in
    /etc (and elsewhere). Run a 'diff' of all the files right
    before updating. Then, run another 'diff' right after the
    update. If any "helper" messed with your files, you now
    know what changed and what you used to have in that file.

    HTH

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  6. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    Try to enable SSH in firewall rules as Allow or Permit.

    It should work!

    "Josh" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in my hous net;
    > it used to work before the recent update of Mandriva 2008; now I have port
    > 22 closed to ssh - did you folks out there have the same problem? How
    > could
    > did you solve it? No luck making shorewall to go down.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Joshua

  7. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    Josh" wrote in message

    > I encountered the a.m. error while doing ssh to a computer in
    > my house net; it used to work before the recent update of
    > Mandriva 2008; now I have port 22 closed to ssh -

    It just so happens that I have beem trying to set things up to
    RYSNC from laptop to desktop on house network, and have come
    across the same problem when trying 'ssh MABsdesktop' on the
    laptop:

    "ssh: connect to host MABsdesktop port 22: Connection refused"

    On the laptop, /etc/hosts has:

    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.0.2 desktop.mab.unregistered MABsdesktop

    and the laptop's MCC sees the desktop PC's printer as on 'host:
    192.168.0.2'.

    The desktop does have SSH enabled on its firewall.

    Of course, as I'm sadly still a network neophyte, it's quite
    possible that I'm doing something wrong (or not doing domething I
    should)...

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit

  8. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:31:54 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:

    > "ssh: connect to host MABsdesktop port 22: Connection refused"
    >
    > On the laptop, /etc/hosts has:
    >
    > 127.0.0.1 localhost
    > 192.168.0.2 desktop.mab.unregistered MABsdesktop
    >
    > and the laptop's MCC sees the desktop PC's printer as on 'host:
    > 192.168.0.2'.

    Click up a terminal on desktop
    su - root

    /sbin/runlevel

    Verify sshd is on boot for your run level
    chkconfig --list sshd

    and sshd is running with
    pgrep -lf sshd

    Next see if anything shows up when you try the ssh
    tail -f /var/log/messages (on both systems)

    Control c aborts the tail -f command.

    PS: make it a habit to do a
    shorewall clear
    to temporally open the firewall, and as soon as possible
    service shorewall restart

    Now you can do a testhost with ssh -vv $USER@MABsdesktop

    Would not hurt to show us contents of
    cat /etc/hosts.allow
    cat /etc/hosts.deny
    chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    on MABsdesktop

  9. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:48:22 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Click up a terminal on desktop
    > su - root

    etc...

    Did all that:
    [root@localhost mab]# /sbin/runlevel
    N 5
    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd
    error reading information about service sshd: No such file or
    directory
    [root@localhost mab]# pgrep -lf sshd
    [root@localhost mab]# cat /etc/hosts.allow
    #
    # hosts.allow This file describes the names of the hosts which
    are
    # allowed to use the local INET services, as
    decided
    # by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
    #

    sshd: 192.168.0.3/255.255.255,0
    [root@localhost mab]# cat /etc/hosts.deny
    #
    # hosts.deny This file describes the names of the hosts which
    are
    # *not* allowed to use the local INET services, as
    decided
    # by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
    #
    # The portmap line is redundant, but it is left to remind you
    that
    # the new secure portmap uses hosts.deny and hosts.allow. In
    particular
    # you should know that NFS uses portmap!

    [root@localhost mab]# ssh -vv $USER@MABsdesktop
    OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
    debug1: Applying options for *
    debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
    debug1: Connecting to MABsdesktop [192.168.0.2] port 22.
    debug1: connect to address 192.168.0.2 port 22: Connection
    refused
    ssh: connect to host MABsdesktop port 22: Connection refused
    [root@localhost mab]#
    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    [root@localhost mab]#

    Closing down for the night now...

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  10. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:10:24 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:48:22 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Click up a terminal on desktop
    >> su - root

    > etc...
    >
    > Did all that:
    > [root@localhost mab]# /sbin/runlevel
    > N 5
    > [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd
    > error reading information about service sshd: No such file or
    > directory

    Yep, right there, sshd not installed.

    > [root@localhost mab]# pgrep -lf sshd

    Yep, sshd not running.

    ^

    Is that a comma----------------'

    > Closing down for the night now...

    Sleep tight.

  11. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:17:41 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    >> [root@localhost mab]# cat /etc/hosts.allow

    >> sshd: 192.168.0.3/255.255.255,0

    > ^
    > |
    > Is that a comma---------------'

    Yes - that's what is in the file.
    I assume it should be a '.', and have changed it.

    > Yep, right there, sshd not installed.
    >

    >> [root@localhost mab]# pgrep -lf sshd

    > Yep, sshd not running.

    OK, have now found sshd (disguised as "OpenSSH Server" in
    MCC...), and installed it.
    Started it with "/etc/init.d/sshd start".

    However, attempts to ssh from laptop meet with same Port 22
    connection refusal as before.

    Here is a rerun (on desktop) of your debugging suggestions, after
    installing & starting sshd:

    [root@localhost mab]# /sbin/runlevel
    N 5

    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd
    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n
    6ff

    [root@localhost mab]# pgrep -lf sshd
    8351 /usr/sbin/sshd

    [root@localhost mab]# ssh -vv mab@MABsdesktop
    OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
    debug1: Applying options for *
    debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
    debug1: Connecting to MABsdesktop [192.168.0.2] port 22.
    debug1: connect to address 192.168.0.2 port 22: Connection
    refused
    ssh: connect to host MABsdesktop port 22: Connection refused

    [root@localhost mab]# cat /etc/hosts.allow
    #
    # hosts.allow This file describes the names of the hosts which
    # are allowed to use the local INET services, as decided by the
    # '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.

    sshd: 192.168.0.3/255.255.255.0

    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n
    6ff

    By the way, when you recommend doing 'service shorewall clear'
    and then a.s.a.p. 'service shorewall restart', on what occasion
    should those be done?
    (I suspect it's when e.g. changing the firewall to allow SSH,
    instead of doing a re-boot.)

    --
    /\/\aurice
    http://www.maurice99.ukfsn.org
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  12. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:55:51 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:

    > OK, have now found sshd (disguised as "OpenSSH Server" in
    > MCC...), and installed it.
    > Started it with "/etc/init.d/sshd start".

    Less typing if you do a
    service sshd start

    > Here is a rerun (on desktop) of your debugging suggestions, after
    > installing & starting sshd:
    > [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd

    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff

    Do a
    chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    and verify is returns something like

    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff
    sshd-xinetd: off

    > By the way, when you recommend doing 'service shorewall clear'
    > and then a.s.a.p. 'service shorewall restart', on what occasion
    > should those be done?

    Anytime you think the firewall is in the way, you can open shorewall
    firewall with no restrictions with shorewall clear.

    I recommend not running in that mode very long, so
    service shorewall restart
    sets it back to the on boot/normal setting.

    If you have not been dinking with customizing shorewall, just clicking
    up a terminal
    su - root

    tail -f /var/log/messages

    and then run your test shot should show a line if shorewall blocks your
    ssh attempt.

    > (I suspect it's when e.g. changing the firewall to allow SSH,
    > instead of doing a re-boot.)

    About the only time you need a reboot is kernel change, or node
    name change in my stupid opinion. In the case of node name change,
    init 1, followed with init 3, or init 5, depending on your requirement.

    Anytime you change the firewall outside of the GUI interface, it would not
    hurt to do a shorewall -check just to verify there are no glaring errors.
    Then do a
    service shorewall restart

    An FYI on hosts.allow/deny.

    tcpwrapper code will look in hosts.allow and allow the app to continue
    upon hitting the first rule which applies. If nothing applies in hosts.allow,
    wrapper code proceeds to see if anything is denied in hosts.deny.
    Noting in deny then the application gets to run.

    With your wrapper setup, you restricted sshd to an ip address and no
    restrictions for everyone else.

    That is ok if you manage what services you enable. Downside is
    you/malware enables some other service and do not add to allow/deny
    you leave a hole in your security.

    My suggestion for you would be to add to bottom of hosts.allow,
    something like

    ALL: LOCAL, .mab.unregistered

    #***************** End of hosts.allow. ********************

    To the bottom of /etc/hosts.deny

    ALL: ALL:\
    spawn ( \
    /bin/echo -e "\n\
    TCP Wrappers\: Connection Refused\n\
    By\: $(uname -n)\n\
    Process\: %d (pid %p)\n\
    \n\
    User\: %u\n\
    Host\: %c\n\
    Date\: $(date)\n\
    " | /bin/mail -s \"$(uname -n)\" root ) & : DENY

    #*********************** end host.deny ********************************

    The above mails root a warning/debugging email about a tcpwrappers deny.
    When that happens bittwister get an email.

    Assuming you have postfix installed/running:

    cd /etc/postfix

    tail -11 aliases | head -4
    # Person who should get root's mail. This alias
    # must exist.
    # CHANGE THIS LINE to an account of a HUMAN
    root: mab <============ you have set this line

    did a
    postalias aliases
    service postfix restart

    mail -s "$USER testshot" root < /dev/null

    You should be able to click up a terminal in your mab user account,
    and do a

    mail -s "$USER testshot" root < /dev/null

    mail and see 1 root testshot
    2 mab testshot
    (carriage return) to read the empty email from root
    d to delete the email
    (carriage return) to read the empty email from mab
    q to quit mail and do the deletions.

    With imap installed, you can have thunderbird open in another window
    in your mab account, set incomming mail server as localhost,
    you should get any root email at whatever polling rate you set it at.

    test that with
    mail -s "$USER testshot" root < /dev/null
    click Get mail in thunderbird and you should see
    mab testshot in thunderbird's window.

    While still on MABsdesktop, in mab's account
    do a
    ssh $USER@$(hostname)
    to see what happens.

    Now, if the above changes/tests work, and you run
    tail -f /var/log/messages

    I am hopping you get some error message in /messages or
    an email from root when trying from the laptop.

    If not, I am at a loss to explain why it does not work,
    unless you have done some customizing in shorewall.

  13. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:10:08 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Assuming you have postfix installed/running:

    No, I use KMail.

    > While still on MABsdesktop, in mab's account do a
    > ssh $USER@$(hostname) to see what happens.

    Here it is (actually I had already tried it but forgot to
    capture the output, which also said something about adding
    some info into some file):

    [mab@localhost ~]$ ssh $USER@$(hostname)
    mab@localhost's password:
    Last login: Sun Aug 17 18:17:43 2008 from localhost

    > Now, if the above changes/tests work, and you run tail -f
    > /var/log/messages

    [mab@localhost ~]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost mab]# tail -f /var/log/messages

    Aug 17 18:01:02 localhost msec: changed mode of
    /var/log/cups/page_log from 644 to 640
    Aug 17 18:14:44 localhost sshd[12511]: Accepted password for mab
    from 127.0.0.1 port 36189 ssh2
    Aug 17 18:17:43 localhost sshd[12642]: Accepted password for mab
    from 127.0.0.1 port 36190 ssh2
    Aug 17 18:23:39 localhost drakconf.real[12756]: ### Program is
    starting ###
    Aug 17 18:23:54 localhost drakconf.real[12763]: ### Program is
    starting ###
    Aug 17 18:23:58 localhost rpmdrake[12768]: ### Program is
    starting ###
    Aug 17 18:24:00 localhost rpmdrake[12768]: opening the RPM
    database
    Aug 17 18:24:24 localhost rpmdrake[12768]: ### Program is exiting
    ###
    Aug 17 18:24:25 localhost drakconf.real[12763]: modified file
    /etc/mcc.conf
    Aug 17 18:25:23 localhost sshd[12821]: Accepted password for mab
    from 127.0.0.1 port 51444 ssh2

    (How does one *exit* from an 'ssh' invocation?!)

    Sadly, ssh from the laptop still gives 'Port 22 connection
    refused' failure. Nothing seems to show up in /var/log/messages
    on either m/c for that.

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  14. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:10:08 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Do a
    > chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    > and verify is returns something like
    >
    > sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff
    > sshd-xinetd: off

    Not quite. As shown in earlier posting:
    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list | grep sshd

    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff

    i.e. it doesn't end with "sshd-xinetd: off"

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  15. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:37:54 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:10:08 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >> Assuming you have postfix installed/running:

    > No, I use KMail.

    M=Mail
    T=Transport
    C=Client
    A=Agent

    KMail is a MTC, postfix is a MTA. MTC read/sends mail via a MTA.

    >> While still on MABsdesktop, in mab's account do a
    >> ssh $USER@$(hostname) to see what happens.

    > Here it is (actually I had already tried it but forgot to
    > capture the output, which also said something about adding
    > some info into some file):

    That would be ~/.ssh/known_hosts
    If name/ip/key differ during connection attempt with that node,
    you will get a man in the middle warning.

    > [mab@localhost ~]$ ssh $USER@$(hostname)
    > (How does one *exit* from an 'ssh' invocation?!)

    exit

    > Sadly, ssh from the laptop still gives 'Port 22 connection
    > refused' failure. Nothing seems to show up in /var/log/messages
    > on either m/c for that.

    Without my suggestion of postfix and hosts.deny;
    I can recommend commenting out the sshd line in /etc/hosts.allow
    service xinetd reload
    and try again.

    Still broke, out of suggestions and ideas. :-(

  16. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:43:17 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:10:08 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Do a
    >> chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    >> and verify is returns something like
    >>
    >> sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff
    >> sshd-xinetd: off

    > Not quite. As shown in earlier posting:

    Yes, but the one I responded to had
    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd
    sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n
    6ff

    > [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list | grep sshd
    >
    > sshd 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff
    >
    > i.e. it doesn't end with "sshd-xinetd: off"

    How rude. I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

    $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/sshd
    openssh-server-4.7p1-9.1mdv2008.1

  17. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:01:25 +0000 (UTC), Bit Twister wrote:

    Opps, forgot to show which command differed.

    > Yes, but the one I responded to had
    > [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list sshd instead of

    [root@localhost mab]# chkconfig --list | grep sshd

  18. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:48:22 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > make it a habit to do a shorewall clear to temporally open
    > the firewall, and as soon as possible service shorewall restart

    Tried 'shorewall clear' before attempting ssh from laptop;
    still failed as before.

    But there were some 'uknown symbol' error msgs from the
    'shorewall clear':
    [root@localhost mab]# shorewall clear

    FATAL: Error inserting nf_conntrack_h323
    (/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv/kernel/net/netfilter/
    nf_conntrack_h323.ko.gz): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown
    parameter (see dmesg)

    WARNING: Error inserting nf_conntrack_h323
    (/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv/kernel/net/netfilter/
    nf_conntrack_h323.ko.gz): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown
    parameter (see dmesg)

    FATAL: Error inserting nf_nat_h323
    (/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/
    nf_nat_h323.ko.gz): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown
    parameter (see dmesg)

    Clearing Shorewall...
    done.

    and similar msgs from the 'service shorewall restart'....

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  19. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:01:25 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/sshd
    > openssh-server-4.7p1-9.1mdv2008.1

    $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/sshd
    openssh-server-4.7p1-2.3mdv2008.0

    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit
    KDE 3.5.7 Virtualbox 1.5.6

  20. Re: connect to host 192.168.0.7 port 22: Connection refused

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:31:46 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:01:25 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/sshd
    >> openssh-server-4.7p1-9.1mdv2008.1

    Opps, that was my 2008.1 install

    > $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/sshd
    > openssh-server-4.7p1-2.3mdv2008.0

    Ok, matches my 2008.0 install.

    I assume all test shots are not trying to
    ssh root@where

    Did adding the # sshd: in /etc/hosts.allow still fail a test shot?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast