bluetooth services - Mandriva

This is a discussion on bluetooth services - Mandriva ; my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin pair does anybody know what will help this...

  1. bluetooth services

    my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't
    send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin pair

    does anybody know what will help this

  2. Re: bluetooth services

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:31:31 +0000, chris gareau wrote:

    > my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't
    > send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin
    > pair

    What OS is your computer using?
    Is the bluetooth dongle recognised in MCC/Hardware?
    Have you got the package bluez-utils installed?

    I've been using bluetooth on Mandriva since 2007.0. without any hassle,
    sending and receiving files from various Nokia phones.

  3. Re: bluetooth services

    2008.1 and my computer can see and send data to the devices fine, it is
    just sending files back (obex object push) and paring with an htc s720

    other then that the bluetooth works fine

    Artful Codger wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:31:31 +0000, chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't
    >> send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin
    >> pair

    > What OS is your computer using?
    > Is the bluetooth dongle recognised in MCC/Hardware?
    > Have you got the package bluez-utils installed?
    >
    > I've been using bluetooth on Mandriva since 2007.0. without any hassle,
    > sending and receiving files from various Nokia phones.

  4. Re: bluetooth services

    Mail von chris gareau - 05.08.2008 20:31:
    > my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't
    > send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin
    > pair
    >
    > does anybody know what will help this

    Hello,

    if you run KDE Desktop install kdebluetooth package, if you run Gnome
    Desktop install gnome-bluetooth package. There are dependencies, so use
    yum to install the package.

    -cu at the bitstream, Juergen

  5. Re: bluetooth services

    I have kdebluetooth installed, and isn't ym a fidora thing, I am using
    mandriva linux, urpmi

    Dr. Kubi wrote:
    > Mail von chris gareau - 05.08.2008 20:31:
    >> my computer is not showing any bluetooth services at all, my phone can't
    >> send files to the computer and the htc phone I got for parts can't evin
    >> pair
    >>
    >> does anybody know what will help this

    > Hello,
    >
    > if you run KDE Desktop install kdebluetooth package, if you run Gnome
    > Desktop install gnome-bluetooth package. There are dependencies, so use
    > yum to install the package.
    >
    > -cu at the bitstream, Juergen

  6. Re: bluetooth services

    On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:41:59 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > I have kdebluetooth installed, and isn't ym a fidora thing, I am using
    > mandriva linux, urpmi

    I would have expected them to be installed automatically when kdebluetooth was
    installed, but are the various bluez-? packages installed?

    urpmq bluez
    No package named bluez
    The following packages contain bluez:
    bluez-firmware
    bluez-gnome
    bluez-gnome-analyzer
    bluez-hcidump
    bluez-hciemu
    bluez-utils
    bluez-utils-alsa
    bluez-utils-cups
    bluez-utils-gstreamer
    libbluez-devel
    libbluez2
    python-pybluez

    Is the bluetooth service started? You can check that in mcc, or as root running ...
    service bluetooth status

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  7. Re: bluetooth services

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:41:59 -0400, chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> I have kdebluetooth installed, and isn't ym a fidora thing, I am using
    >> mandriva linux, urpmi

    > I would have expected them to be installed automatically when kdebluetooth was
    > installed, but are the various bluez-? packages installed?
    >
    > urpmq bluez
    > No package named bluez
    > The following packages contain bluez:
    > bluez-firmware
    > bluez-gnome
    > bluez-gnome-analyzer
    > bluez-hcidump
    > bluez-hciemu
    > bluez-utils
    > bluez-utils-alsa
    > bluez-utils-cups
    > bluez-utils-gstreamer
    > libbluez-devel
    > libbluez2
    > python-pybluez
    >
    > Is the bluetooth service started? You can check that in mcc, or as root running ...
    > service bluetooth status
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    bluez is installed and running almostly perfectly.

    my computer can pair with everything except the htc s720

    I got some services to show up to alyssa's mac I added a discover70+0
    line to /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
    under the iscan enable; pscan enable line

    found this line in the config fles for an ubuntu install that worked
    properley.

    now all I need to do is figure out how to get the htc to pair like
    everything ellse does and get obex working agane.

    the services that r showing up are, headset audio gateway, audio sorce,
    avrcp tg, avrcp ct

    kde bluetooth is suposed to make obex object push avalible and some
    other stuff but isn't for some reason

    is there some log files I can look at for more infermation, syslog
    turned up nothing.

  8. Re: bluetooth services

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 09:48:39 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > is there some log files I can look at for more infermation, syslog
    > turned up nothing.

    I don't have bluetooth here on my desktop, so can't really help much.
    The only thing I can think of, is to check dmesg, after trying to pair
    the device.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins