    http://www.sybaritic.co.za/store/pro...ducts_id=16002

    Lordy

  2. Re: IP45 chipset + Mandriva

    On 2008-07-11, lordy wrote:
    > About to demote my desktop for a new homebuild server/desktop.
    > I'm going for IP45 chipset so I can get up to 16G RAM (Need to test
    > deployments into VMware guests with 2G each + the odd Oracle Db.)

    I've built the PC using Asus P5Q Pro, but Mandriva wont install
    (cant find correct scsi drivers). It presents a list of almost
    every driver on the planet, but no sure what to chose
    (Ive tried the sata_sil and marvel )

    Knoppix disk also fails to boot.

    This is running the new ICH10R / IP45 chipset.
    I have tried the HD on both the Sil5723 sata (in IDE mode ot RAID),
    and on the standard Sata ports managed by ICH10R.

    It's odd because it can see the CDROM ok when it is on the Sil5723 sata.

    Here are the motherboard chipsets:
    * Support for 65nm and 45nm Intel socket LGA775 05B, 05A and 06
    * processors from families including Core 2 Extreme, Quad, Duo, Pentium
    * Extreme, 4 and D.
    * Asus EPU 6-Engine and 16 phase CPU power design
    * Intel P45 north bridge
    * Intel ICH10R south bridge
    * Four DDR2 DIMMs supporting 667/800/1,066 and 1,200MHz memory up to
    * 16GB in dual channel
    * Two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots (in either x16/x1 or x8/x8 arrangements)
    * One PCI-Express x16 slot (at x4 bandwidth)
    * Two PCI-Express x1 slots
    * Two PCI slots
    * Six red ICH10R SATA 3Gbps ports supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5
    * Two orange Silicon Image Sil5723 SATA ports supporting "Super Speed"
    * or "EZ Backup" with DriveXpert
    * One Marvell 88SE6121 controller supporting one IDE channel and one
    * eSATA 3Gbps port
    * One Marvell 88E8056 PCI-Express Gigabit Ethernet
    * One Marvell 88E8011 PCI Gigabit Ethernet
    * ADI AD2000B 7.1 channel High-Definition audio codec
    * LSI L-FW3227 PCI IEEE1394a Firewire controller supporting two ports
    * Ten USB 2.0 ports (four through pin-outs, six on the rear I/O)
    * Asus ExpressGate SSD
    * Asus DieHard BIOS, Q-Shield, Q-Connector, AI Booster with Precision
    * Tweaker BIOS function and AI Suite

    And a related post, perhaps? http://tinyurl.com/6nebsw

    Lordy

  3. Re: IP45 chipset + Mandriva

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:33:21 -0400, lordy wrote:

    > This is running the new ICH10R / IP45 chipset.
    > I have tried the HD on both the Sil5723 sata (in IDE mode ot RAID),
    > and on the standard Sata ports managed by ICH10R.
    > It's odd because it can see the CDROM ok when it is on the Sil5723 sata.

    Looking at http://gentoo-wiki.com/Asus_P5Q-E it may be worth trying it
    with the hd in raid mode.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: IP45 chipset + Mandriva

    On 2008-07-17, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > Looking at http://gentoo-wiki.com/Asus_P5Q-E it may be worth trying it
    > with the hd in raid mode.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Cheers,

    I sorted it by following a forum suggestion to put the ICH10R SATAs in
    AHCI mode (rather than IDE mode). Then Mandriva installed happily.
    However my W2003 install didnt like that. But I scrubbed it and shoved
    it in vmware server where it belongs

    Lordy

  5. Re: IP45 chipset + Mandriva

    Le 11/07/2008, lordy a supposé :
    > About to demote my desktop for a new homebuild server/desktop.
    > I'm going for IP45 chipset so I can get up to 16G RAM (Need to test
    > deployments into VMware guests with 2G each + the odd Oracle Db.)
    >
    > Anyway, has anyone had experience running any flavour of Linux
    > on these boards.
    > I'm guessing this is not a problem since one of these boards has
    > a fast boot into Linux for internet access...
    > http://www.sybaritic.co.za/store/pro...ducts_id=16002
    >
    > Lordy

    The Mandriva one 2009.0 CD won't even run as live CD on my Asus P5Q
    Pro.
    Mandriva 2008.1 runs. Did not install it yet.
    The 2009 has the problem with SATA as IDE or AHCI: "driver 'sr' needs
    update..." message.
    Ubuntu 8.10 installs and runs without problem.

    --
    In gold we trust (c)

  6. Re: IP45 chipset + Mandriva

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:08:16 +0100, Jo Kerr wrote:

    > The Mandriva one 2009.0 CD won't even run as live CD on my Asus P5Q
    > Pro.
    > Mandriva 2008.1 runs. Did not install it yet.
    > The 2009 has the problem with SATA as IDE or AHCI: "driver 'sr' needs
    > update..." message.
    > Ubuntu 8.10 installs and runs without problem.

    Report the problem to get it fixed.

    https://qa.mandriva.com/index.cgi

+ Reply to Thread