A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How? - Mandriva ; Hi folks, I have tried several applications over the weekend that take a video capture of X + Compiz Fusion. I have also spent a fair bit of the time doing web searches for information. So far I cannot figure ...

  1. A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How?

    Hi folks,

    I have tried several applications over the weekend that take a video capture of
    X + Compiz Fusion. I have also spent a fair bit of the time doing web searches
    for information. So far I cannot figure out how to get a smooth video doing
    this. Granted I am mostly using GUI based tools. If there is a CLI or GUI tool
    that lets me do this and takes a smooth video of an entire 3D desktop session I
    would be very grateful for pointers to it. If some of you have done this and
    know tips and tweaks for making desktop capture videos of 3D desktops please
    share your knowledge. Directions to existing information that is a step-by-step
    tutorial would be perfect.

    TIA!

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/46hgv2
    'Compiz Fusion, Mandriva 2008.1 on AMD Phenom Quad-core PC with Demo'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  2. Re: A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How?

    On Jun 16, 7:46 pm, ERACC wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have tried several applications over the weekend that take a video capture of
    > X + Compiz Fusion. I have also spent a fair bit of the time doing web searches
    > for information. So far I cannot figure out how to get a smooth video doing
    > this. Granted I am mostly using GUI based tools. If there is a CLI or GUI tool
    > that lets me do this and takes a smooth video of an entire 3D desktop session I
    > would be very grateful for pointers to it. If some of you have done this and
    > know tips and tweaks for making desktop capture videos of 3D desktops please
    > share your knowledge. Directions to existing information that is a step-by-step
    > tutorial would be perfect.
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    > blog.eracc.com latest article:http://preview.tinyurl.com/46hgv2
    > 'Compiz Fusion, Mandriva 2008.1 on AMD Phenom Quad-core PC with Demo'
    > --
    > Mandriva Linux release 2007.1 (Official) for i586
    > Got Rute?http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    > ERA Computers & Consulting -http://www.eracc.com/
    > Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

    There was a perl script that would create a flash file. I will have
    to do a quick google search to see if I can find it.....

    Found it..

    http://wolphination.com/linux/2006/0...-your-desktop/

    The procedure described here will also allow you to record any input
    from a microphone.

  3. Re: A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How?

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
    Evil Bastard wrote:

    > On Jun 16, 7:46 pm, ERACC wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I have tried several applications over the weekend that take a video
    > > capture of X + Compiz Fusion. I have also spent a fair bit of the time
    > > doing web searches for information. So far I cannot figure out how to get a
    > > smooth video doing this. [...]

    > There was a perl script that would create a flash file. I will have
    > to do a quick google search to see if I can find it.....
    >
    > Found it..
    >
    > http://wolphination.com/linux/2006/0...-your-desktop/
    >
    > The procedure described here will also allow you to record any input
    > from a microphone.

    Thank you for that. I had looked at similar instructions elsewhere. This
    creates flash content and I want some sort of standard video content like is
    created with Istanbul. Flash is not really what I want. However, in the interest
    of science I will try it anyway. If it makes a smoother video than Istanbul
    then I guess I can try to convert the flash to something else. I really am not
    ecstatic about the video I ended up with in my web log article. :/

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/46hgv2
    'Compiz Fusion, Mandriva 2008.1 on AMD Phenom Quad-core PC with Demo'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  4. Re: A smooth video capture of Compiz Fusion? How?

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:57:01 -0500, ERACC wrote:

    > This
    > creates flash content and I want some sort of standard video content
    > like is created with Istanbul. Flash is not really what I want. However,
    > in the interest of science I will try it anyway. If it makes a smoother
    > video than Istanbul then I guess I can try to convert the flash to
    > something else.

    Ffmpeg is simple to use and pretty quick at converting flash to other
    formats.

+ Reply to Thread