rpm folder - Mandriva

This is a discussion on rpm folder - Mandriva ; Hello, I've just installed mandriva 2008.1. I would like to save the rpms downloaded by auto-update, because maybe i will try some distros for a while before to choose one, and I don't want to download a large amount of ...

  1. rpm folder

    Hello, I've just installed mandriva 2008.1. I would like to save the rpms
    downloaded by auto-update, because maybe i will try some distros for a
    while before to choose one, and I don't want to download a large amount of
    mbyte again. But I can't find the folder where they are stored (are they?)
    Any help will be appreciated.

  2. Re: rpm folder

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:20:24 +0200, Terosid wrote:
    > Hello, I've just installed mandriva 2008.1. I would like to save the rpms
    > downloaded by auto-update, because maybe i will try some distros for a
    > while before to choose one, and I don't want to download a large amount of
    > mbyte again. But I can't find the folder where they are stored (are they?)
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    man urpmi has switch and directory information.

  3. Re: rpm folder

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:20:24 -0400, Terosid wrote:

    > mbyte again. But I can't find the folder where they are stored (are they?)

    They aren't stored. When a .rpm file is being downloaded, it's stored in
    /var/cache/urpmi/partial. Once it's been completely downloaded, it's moved
    to /var/cache/urpmi/rpms. Once all of the needed dependencies have been
    downloaded the group of rpm packages will be installed, and then the .rpm
    files will be deleted.

    You can prevent them from being deleted by using the --noclean option, when
    running urpmi from the command line, or by adding settings to
    /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

    I've done the latter. Here's what I currently have in the global options
    part of urpmi.cfg
    {
    downloader: wget
    keep: 1
    post-clean: 0
    pre-clean: 0
    resume: 1
    retry: 30
    verify-rpm: 1
    wget-options: --timeout=300 --continue --progress=bar:force --inet4-only
    }

    See man urpmi.cfg and man wget, for explanations of these, and other options
    that can be specified there.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: rpm folder

    David W. Hodgins wrote: