converting .m2t files - Mandriva

This is a discussion on converting .m2t files - Mandriva ; I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine. I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca play back on a regular video player. Are there any ...

  1. converting .m2t files

    I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca
    play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that will
    convert/demux the files to enable this?

  2. Re: converting .m2t files

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:20:37 -0400, Alan Secker wrote:

    > I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    > I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca
    > play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that will
    > convert/demux the files to enable this?

    See http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...to-mp3-509477/

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: converting .m2t files

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    > I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca
    > play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that will
    > convert/demux the files to enable this?

    They are streamed mpeg files. Change the extension from m2t to mpg and Kaffeine
    (or any video player) will play them.

    --
    faeychild

  4. Re: converting .m2t files

    Am Wed, 21 May 2008 22:20:37 +0100 schrieb Alan Secker:

    > I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine. I
    > would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca
    > play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that
    > will convert/demux the files to enable this?

    Try replex, it grabs a DVB recording and dumps it a a regular mpeg2 file
    ready to be written as DVD-Video.

    http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/

    If you dont like commandline Tools, ProjectX is your friend.

    hth
    Jens

  5. Re: converting .m2t files

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    > I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I ca
    > play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that will
    > convert/demux the files to enable this?

    What a lot of useful stuff! Thanks very much.

    Alan

  6. Re: converting .m2t files

    faeychild wrote:

    > Alan Secker wrote:
    >
    >> I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    >> I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I
    >> ca play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that
    >> will convert/demux the files to enable this?

    > They are streamed mpeg files. Change the extension from m2t to mpg and
    > Kaffeine (or any video player) will play them.

    I tried changing the filetype to mpg but k3b wouldn't burn it as a video
    dvd. How did you manage it?

    Alan

  7. Re: converting .m2t files

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > faeychild wrote:
    >
    >> Alan Secker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have saved a couple of TV broadcasts to .m2t files under Kaffeine.
    >>> I would like to be able to burn them to DVD preferably in format that I
    >>> ca play back on a regular video player. Are there any applications that
    >>> will convert/demux the files to enable this?

    >> They are streamed mpeg files. Change the extension from m2t to mpg and
    >> Kaffeine (or any video player) will play them.
    >>

    > I tried changing the filetype to mpg but k3b wouldn't burn it as a video
    > dvd. How did you manage it?
    >
    > Alan

    NO It won't burn as a video, it's just an mpeg file that will play with
    Kaffiene or Mplayer VLC whatever. If you want DVD format you will have to
    convert; which apparently can be done from an mpeg file with the various
    conversion utilities.

    Mplayer may do it or FFmpeg

    Try Google

    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/208/59/

    http://www.linux.com/articles/53702

    I think it's already mpeg2 format
    --
    faeychild

  8. Re: converting .m2t files

    There are many different digital video file types available out there, which can make file conversion difficult for the inexperienced. M2T files and MPG files are actually not completely dissimilar, as both are different types of MPEG2 video files. As a result, this is a much less complicated conversion than many other possible video conversions. If a quick file renaming trick doesn’t work, there are many conversion programs available on the Internet. I recommend you Pavtube MTS Converter.

+ Reply to Thread