Lost Storage devices icon - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Lost Storage devices icon - Mandriva ; Embarrassing this. A colleague on mdv 2007 has lost his desktop devices icon. Although I can find the icon itself, for the life of me, I cannot get it to work. How should I do it?...

  1. Lost Storage devices icon

    Embarrassing this. A colleague on mdv 2007 has lost his desktop devices
    icon. Although I can find the icon itself, for the life of me, I cannot get
    it to work. How should I do it?

  2. Re: Lost Storage devices icon

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 15:14:45 +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
    > Embarrassing this. A colleague on mdv 2007 has lost his desktop devices
    > icon. Although I can find the icon itself, for the life of me, I cannot get
    > it to work. How should I do it?

    No idea about desktop devices icon, but here is an example of Storage Media
    and user alan.

    Create another account, say, junk.
    Log in as junk.
    cd Desktop
    click up a terminal
    su root
    cp media.desktop ~alan/Desktop
    cd ~alan/Desktop
    ls -al
    chown alan:alan media.desktop
    exit
    exit

    Log out of junk, log in as alan.

  3. Re: Lost Storage devices icon

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 15:14:45 +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
    >> Embarrassing this. A colleague on mdv 2007 has lost his desktop devices
    >> icon. Although I can find the icon itself, for the life of me, I cannot
    >> get it to work. How should I do it?

    > No idea about desktop devices icon, but here is an example of Storage
    > Media and user alan.
    >
    > Create another account, say, junk.
    > Log in as junk.
    > cd Desktop