mandriva 2008 spring powerpack - Mandriva

This is a discussion on mandriva 2008 spring powerpack - Mandriva ; Hi, I recently was given a copy of mandriva 2008 spring powerpack edition on a dvd. Now before I use this copy as my first attempt at linux I'd like to be sure I wasn't given a suspect copy of ...

  1. mandriva 2008 spring powerpack

    Hi, I recently was given a copy of mandriva 2008 spring powerpack edition
    on a dvd. Now before I use this copy as my first attempt at linux I'd like
    to be sure I wasn't given a suspect copy of the system.

    Can some one please tell me what the md5sum for this version of mandriva
    should be please.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: mandriva 2008 spring powerpack

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 10:02:08 +0100, mozzie wrote:

    > Hi, I recently was given a copy of mandriva 2008 spring powerpack edition
    > on a dvd. Now before I use this copy as my first attempt at linux I'd like
    > to be sure I wasn't given a suspect copy of the system.
    >
    > Can some one please tell me what the md5sum for this version of mandriva
    > should be please.

    9930c602e164d0d48a62181c460092ca

    $ cat File:mandriva-linux-pwp-2008-spring-dvd-i586.iso.md5.asc

  3. Re: mandriva 2008 spring powerpack

    mozzie wrote:

    > Hi, I recently was given a copy of mandriva 2008 spring powerpack edition
    > on a dvd. Now before I use this copy as my first attempt at linux I'd like
    > to be sure I wasn't given a suspect copy of the system.
    >
    > Can some one please tell me what the md5sum for this version of mandriva
    > should be please.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hello,

    It's useless as long as you don't have an account to get access to the
    club's repos.

    Could it be here?
    http://www.onlytorrents.com/torrent/...0a164e738383cb

    Or here?
    ftp://ftp.join.uni-muenster.de/pub/l...ke-iso/2008.1/

    The better way is to get the appropriate 3CD i386/586 or DVD x86-64 version.
    The propriatary packages and other stuff can be found by configurating the
    repos after the install via this site:

    http://www.mandrivauser.de/smarturpmi/

    Avoid backports, testing, mud and mcnl!

    Ciao @+

  4. Re: mandriva 2008 spring powerpack

    mozzie writes:

    >Hi, I recently was given a copy of mandriva 2008 spring powerpack edition
    >on a dvd. Now before I use this copy as my first attempt at linux I'd like
    >to be sure I wasn't given a suspect copy of the system.

    >Can some one please tell me what the md5sum for this version of mandriva
    >should be please.

    9930c602e164d0d48a62181c460092ca mandriva-linux-pwp-2008-spring-dvd-i586.iso

+ Reply to Thread