Kuickshow Slide Show - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Kuickshow Slide Show - Mandriva ; Using Kuickshow 0.8.13, if I drop a photo folder onto it and select 'Slide Show', it just shows the 1st image and stops. Only if I first select one of the images, and then select Slide Show does the slideshow ...

  1. Kuickshow Slide Show

    Using Kuickshow 0.8.13, if I drop a photo folder onto it and
    select 'Slide Show', it just shows the 1st image and stops.

    Only if I first select one of the images, and then select Slide
    Show does the slideshow show all of them.

    (In its settings, the 'Start with current image" option is not
    ticked, which - according to the Help - means 'start with the
    1st one').

    The SO gets a bit confused with this, and I'm blowed if I can
    get it to behave as it should.

    Suggestions, anyone, please?

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv 2008.0 PP

  2. Re: Kuickshow Slide Show

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:16:30 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > Using Kuickshow 0.8.13, if I drop a photo folder onto it and
    > select 'Slide Show', it just shows the 1st image and stops.
    >
    > The SO gets a bit confused with this, and I'm blowed if I can
    > get it to behave as it should.

    I don't know, I clicked a folder then slide show icon and it started
    through the folder for me. Then again I did not drop a folder into it.

    I also set Start with current image, picked one, and it started the
    show from the one I picked.

    Same things worked in another folder.

  3. Re: Kuickshow Slide Show

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:32:59 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > I did not drop a folder into it.

    We find that more convenient.

    However, I've now solved the problem by ditching Kuickshow in
    favour of Gwenview, which does behave as wanted!