knode shows all posting dates as year 2056 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on knode shows all posting dates as year 2056 - Mandriva ; The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none show 2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts ...

  1. knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i
    restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none show
    2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts in
    alt.os.linux.mandriva the dates range from 12/21/56 back to 11/14/56
    A quick check with Konquror shows dates on disk files correctly.
    I saw this once before in Mandriva 10.x i think, but i havnt any idea what is
    going wrong.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Eric wrote back to us from the future: ()

    > The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i
    > restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none
    > show 2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts in
    > alt.os.linux.mandriva the dates range from 12/21/56 back to 11/14/56
    > A quick check with Konquror shows dates on disk files correctly.
    > I saw this once before in Mandriva 10.x i think, but i havnt any idea
    > what is
    > going wrong.
    > Any ideas?

    The date of your post shows up correctly here - May 1st 2008, 7:59 (am) - so
    it is possible that the NNTP mirror you're using has some kind of
    filesystem problem.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with your settings, though. ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Eric wrote back to us from the future: ()
    >
    >> The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i
    >> restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none
    >> show 2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts in
    >> alt.os.linux.mandriva the dates range from 12/21/56 back to 11/14/56
    >> A quick check with Konquror shows dates on disk files correctly.
    >> I saw this once before in Mandriva 10.x i think, but i havnt any idea
    >> what is
    >> going wrong.
    >> Any ideas?

    > The date of your post shows up correctly here - May 1st 2008, 7:59 (am) -
    > so it is possible that the NNTP mirror you're using has some kind of
    > filesystem problem.

    .... or that it's simply got its system date set wrongly. Or it could be a
    Losedows box without Y2K patches, or something. ;-)

    But either way, while you're out there, could you run over to your local
    library for me and use the microfilm register to find out what the numbers
    for next week's Friday's lottery are?

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  4. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Eric wrote back to us from the future: ()
    >
    >> The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i
    >> restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none
    >> show 2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts in
    >> alt.os.linux.mandriva the dates range from 12/21/56 back to 11/14/56
    >> A quick check with Konquror shows dates on disk files correctly.
    >> I saw this once before in Mandriva 10.x i think, but i havnt any idea
    >> what is
    >> going wrong.
    >> Any ideas?

    > The date of your post shows up correctly here - May 1st 2008, 7:59 (am) - so
    > it is possible that the NNTP mirror you're using has some kind of
    > filesystem problem.
    >
    > I don't think there's anything wrong with your settings, though. ;-)

    I think you've got it. tonight the dates are all back to normal, so maybe its
    the comcast newsgroups server
    Eric

  5. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> Eric wrote back to us from the future: ()
    >>
    >>> The kde task bar date is correct, a console date command shows 2008 ok, i
    >>> restarted kde and still knode shows 2056 for nearly all postings, none
    >>> show 2008. In fact, just now, looking at the current list of posts in
    >>> alt.os.linux.mandriva the dates range from 12/21/56 back to 11/14/56
    >>> A quick check with Konquror shows dates on disk files correctly.
    >>> I saw this once before in Mandriva 10.x i think, but i havnt any idea
    >>> what is
    >>> going wrong.
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> The date of your post shows up correctly here - May 1st 2008, 7:59 (am) -
    >> so it is possible that the NNTP mirror you're using has some kind of
    >> filesystem problem.

    > ... or that it's simply got its system date set wrongly. Or it could be a
    > Losedows box without Y2K patches, or something. ;-)
    >
    > But either way, while you're out there, could you run over to your local
    > library for me and use the microfilm register to find out what the numbers
    > for next week's Friday's lottery are?

    22-43-55-62-63-77

  6. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Eric wrote:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> But either way, while you're out there, could you run over to your local
    >> library for me and use the microfilm register to find out what the
    >> numbers for next week's Friday's lottery are?
    >>

    > 22-43-55-62-63-77

    Do I really want to take my chances on that?

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  7. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Eric wrote:
    >
    >> Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >>> But either way, while you're out there, could you run over to your local
    >>> library for me and use the microfilm register to find out what the
    >>> numbers for next week's Friday's lottery are?
    >>>

    >> 22-43-55-62-63-77

    > Do I really want to take my chances on that?

    Its as good as any other guess :-)

  8. Re: knode shows all posting dates as year 2056

    Eric wrote:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> Eric wrote:

    >>> 22-43-55-62-63-77

    >> Do I really want to take my chances on that?

    > Its as good as any other guess :-)

    Well, I would ask you to check once more, but you're already living in the
    present again now so I guess that historic microfilm is beyond reach
    now.

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)