My reaction - Mandriva

This is a discussion on My reaction - Mandriva ; All I can say is that upon trying to do basic enough tasks in Mandriva, its 5 times harder in Ubuntu. And although its a great distro my reaction is that as its a "long term release" they need to ...

  1. My reaction

    All I can say is that upon trying to do basic enough tasks in
    Mandriva, its 5 times harder in Ubuntu. And although its a great
    distro my reaction is that as its a "long term release" they need to
    sort out the basics such as thoughs bugs, at least we get the
    reasureance that mandriva is secure when it comes out. Also upon
    trying KUbunbtu I was shocked that the KDE 4 version worked well...
    after I had to restart 2 times for my british keyboard (God Knows).

    Mandriva and KDE still my favourate

    Matthew

  2. Re: My reaction

    matknny@googlemail.com wrote:

    > All I can say is that upon trying to do basic enough tasks in
    > Mandriva, its 5 times harder in Ubuntu. And although its a great
    > distro my reaction is that as its a "long term release" they need to
    > sort out the basics such as thoughs bugs, at least we get the
    > reasureance that mandriva is secure when it comes out. Also upon
    > trying KUbunbtu I was shocked that the KDE 4 version worked well...
    > after I had to restart 2 times for my british keyboard (God Knows).
    >
    > Mandriva and KDE still my favourate
    >
    > Matthew

    I agree. As soon as you want to do something more complicated, you need to
    be an advanced linux user in Ubuntu.

    I tested a few other distro this month and Mandrivalinux is the best Linux
    experience. I'm downloading Suse Linux 11.0 Beta right now.

    I also tested "Linux XP 2008" yesterday. Very impressive. For old Windows XP
    users, it's very impressive, polished, with great control center and very
    good themes. I never saw Gnome like this. The best Gnome experience so far.

    My two complains about this distribution:

    1. I can use it only during 30 days if I don't register (I won't). If not,
    it won't run anymore.

    2. The rpm application installer is cool but it's a bit complicated to
    select packages you want to upgrade (it updated kernel-2.6.24.x by a
    kernel-2.6.22.x and no way to unselect it).

+ Reply to Thread