firestarter and slingbox - Mandriva

This is a discussion on firestarter and slingbox - Mandriva ; Hi, I'm running firestarter on Ubuntu desktop (Hardy Heron - 8.04) and it's basically working fine. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the remote connection to a slingbox. That used to work on the hardware firewall ...

  1. firestarter and slingbox

    Hi,
    I'm running firestarter on Ubuntu desktop (Hardy Heron - 8.04) and
    it's basically working fine. The only thing that seems to be a
    problem is the remote connection to a slingbox. That used to work on
    the hardware firewall by setting up port forwarding for port 5001 to
    the correct internal address.
    In firewall, I set up a policy and forwarding rule for inbound traffic
    for port 5001 and the correct internal address, but the connection
    never succeeds -- and there is nothing showing up in the Blocked
    connections message log.

    thanks,

    Paul

  2. Re: firestarter and slingbox

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:00:53 -0700 (PDT), paulcaseyjr@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm running firestarter on Ubuntu desktop (Hardy Heron - 8.04) and
    > it's basically working fine. The only thing that seems to be a
    > problem

    You might want to check the bio unit between the keyboard and chair.
    This is the Mandriva Linux usenet group.
    You want to post your Ubuntu question in the something like
    alt.fr.os.kubuntu! 1-70
    alt.fr.os.ubuntu! 1-522
    alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 1-61328 <=== suggest
    alt.pl.comp.os.linux.ubuntu! 1-315

+ Reply to Thread