Installed mandriva this evening... - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Installed mandriva this evening... - Mandriva ; and feeling rather lost : 1) I did a install from hard drive : Only the disc n 2 is recognized (iso) as a media for rpms, disc 1 disc 3 (with are iso, like N 2) are not recognized ...

  1. Installed mandriva this evening...

    and feeling rather lost :

    1) I did a install from hard drive : Only the disc n 2 is recognized
    (iso) as a media for rpms, disc 1 disc 3 (with are iso, like N 2) are
    not recognized as valid sources, so Open Office is not installed; That
    is not a logic behavior : if i would have had real medias, all 3 disk
    would have been sources; Now, a scan is down on each iso and rpms are
    not found, of course : they are hidden in the tree.

    2) Ati rage mobility card with chipset Mach64 (agp x2), from before
    the deluge is not working, rather nothing is working. That is logic.

  2. Re: Installed mandriva this evening...

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:10:44 -0700 (PDT), lisztnet@aliceadsl.fr wrote:
    > and feeling rather lost :
    >
    > 1) I did a install from hard drive : Only the disc n° 2 is recognized
    > (iso) as a media for rpms, disc 1 disc 3 (with are iso, like N° 2) are
    > not recognized as valid sources,

    Hmmm, Guessing maybe bad downloads, did md5/sha1sums verify correctly?

    Cannot give any other help since you provided no information on what
    cds were downloaded.

    I do not bother with cd isos, I just down load the free-dvd.iso and do a hard
    drive install.

  3. Re: Installed mandriva this evening...

    lisztnet@aliceadsl.fr wrote:

    > and feeling rather lost :
    >
    > 1) I did a install from hard drive : Only the disc n° 2 is
    > recognized (iso) as a media for rpms, disc 1 disc 3 (with are iso,
    > like N° 2) are not recognized as valid sources, so Open Office is
    > not installed; That is not a logic behavior : if i would have had
    > real medias, all 3 disk would have been sources; Now, a scan is down
    > on each iso and rpms are not found, of course : they are hidden in
    > the tree.

    I have seen the problem where only ISO 2 was acknowledged in
    . There was a bug in the pre-release
    versions of 2008.1, it is supposed to be fixed in the final
    release.

    EXACTLY which version are you using?

    Anything with "alpha", "beta" or "rc" in its name is a
    pre-release version.

    > 2) Ati rage mobility card with chipset Mach64 (agp x2), from before
    > the deluge is not working, rather nothing is working. That is logic.

    Peter D.
    Sig goes here...

  4. Re: Installed mandriva this evening...

    On 27 avr, 03:03, "Peter D." wrote:
    > liszt...@aliceadsl.fr wrote:
    > > and feeling rather lost :

    > > 1) I did a install from hard drive : Only the disc n 2 is
    > > recognized (iso) as a media for rpms, disc 1 disc 3 (with are iso,
    > > like N 2) are not recognized as valid sources, so Open Office is
    > > not installed; That is not a logic behavior : if i would have had
    > > real medias, all 3 disk would have been sources; Now, a scan is down
    > > on each iso and rpms are not found, of course : they are hidden in
    > > the tree.

    > I have seen the problem where only ISO 2 was acknowledged in
    > . There was a bug in the pre-release
    > versions of 2008.1, it is supposed to be fixed in the final
    > release.
    >
    > EXACTLY which version are you using?
    >
    > Anything with "alpha", "beta" or "rc" in its name is a
    > pre-release version.
    >
    > > 2) Ati rage mobility card with chipset Mach64 (agp x2), from before
    > > the deluge is not working, rather nothing is working. That is logic.

    > --
    > Peter D.
    > Sig goes here...

    Thanks for helping;

    Finally i got my sources ready for use, i had only to write the paths
    until the respectives RPM directories, inside the iso;

    Now, there is also "prism" package so i could made my Asus Wlan card
    working, but what is worrying me most is the dri for the ati mach64
    mobility card.

    I have only 127 fps in glxgears; in Mandrake 9.1 it was a piece of
    cake to get dri on this card...