Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g - Mandriva ; Anyone know how to Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g so they are read/write? I'm guessing there is a HAL script I have to change. All the distros seem to set this up in different places. I've look in /usr/lib/hal/scripts ...

  1. Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g

    Anyone know how to Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g
    so they are read/write?
    I'm guessing there is a HAL script I have to change.
    All the distros seem to set this up in different places.

    I've look in /usr/lib/hal/scripts
    There is a script 'hal-luk-setup' which looks related.

    Any pointers appreciated ..

    Lordy

  2. Re: Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g

    On 2008-04-25, lordy wrote:

    > Anyone know how to Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g
    > so they are read/write?
    > I'm guessing there is a HAL script I have to change.
    > All the distros seem to set this up in different places.
    >
    > I've look in /usr/lib/hal/scripts
    > There is a script 'hal-luk-setup' which looks related.

    Quick follow up. I tried some of the stuff in the post
    here http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11733&start=65

    Swapping the symlinks in /sbin did not work.

    More worryingly there is a symlink on my system
    /etc/hal/fdi/policy/20-ntfs-config-write-policy.fdi
    which points to a non-existent
    /usr/share/ntfs-config/write-policy.fdi

    In fact all of /usr/share/ntfs-config is empty!

    Hmmm.

  3. Re: Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g

    On 2008-04-25, lordy wrote:

    > Anyone know how to Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g
    > so they are read/write?
    > I'm guessing there is a HAL script I have to change.
    > All the distros seem to set this up in different places.
    >
    > I've look in /usr/lib/hal/scripts
    > There is a script 'hal-luk-setup' which looks related.
    >
    > Any pointers appreciated ..
    >
    > Lordy

    Found this for 2007 is the same true for 2008 ?
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases...to_NTFS_drives

    Lordy

  4. Re: Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g

    On 2008-04-25, lordy wrote:
    > On 2008-04-25, lordy wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone know how to Automount NTFS USB drives using ntfs-3g
    >> so they are read/write?
    >> I'm guessing there is a HAL script I have to change.
    >> All the distros seem to set this up in different places.
    >>
    >> I've look in /usr/lib/hal/scripts
    >> There is a script 'hal-luk-setup' which looks related.
    >>

    > Quick follow up. I tried some of the stuff in the post
    > here http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11733&start=65
    >
    > Swapping the symlinks in /sbin did not work.

    My mistake. The symlink method appears to be working ..

    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NTFS_wr...nt.ntfs_binary

    Lordy

+ Reply to Thread