knode question - Mandriva

This is a discussion on knode question - Mandriva ; Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the outbox lives?...

  1. knode question

    Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has
    saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the outbox
    lives?

  2. Re: knode question

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has
    > saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the
    > outbox lives?

    Look in Local Folders at the bottom of your newsgroup list.
    --
    Cliff

  3. Re: knode question

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has
    > saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the
    > outbox lives?

    Normally, the "Outbox" - with initial capital - should be a folder in the
    left hand pane of the /KNode/ window, under the "Local Folders" tab.
    Perhaps in your /KNode/ this "Local Folders" view is collapsed, so you'll
    need to click the "+" to the left of it.

    I have personally come to experience that forwarding a post via e-mail can
    be problematic in /KNode/ if you're using a scrambled domain name in your
    sender e-mail address. Most of the time, your ISP's /SMTP/ server will
    check for a valid sender domain - at least, mine does.

    Therefore I normally set my "identity" individually for each newsgroup I'm
    subscribed to, while using a correct and working domain name in the sender
    e-mail field of /KNode's/ main settings.

    The downside is that the forwarding of a post from within the newsgroup's
    article list pane itself will still fail, because it'll be using the
    scrambled domain name then. It does however work if I save the post to a
    local folder first - e.g. you can create a new folder under "Local Folders"
    - and then send it as an e-mail from there.

    If on the other hand you're inquiring as to the exact location on disk
    of /KNode's/ "Outbox" folder, then on my older Mandrake 10.0 system here,
    the the "Outbox" is to be found under *~/.kde/share/apps/knode/folders.*

    There are three files with the name "outbox_2." on this system,
    i.e.:

    -rw-r--r-- 1 0 Apr 24 08:20 outbox_2.idx
    -rw------- 1 13 Apr 25 00:53 outbox_2.info
    -rw------- 1 0 Apr 24 08:20 outbox_2.mbox

    I presume that the suffix "_2" relates to the order of the folders in the
    folder and newsgroup pane on the left hand of the /KNode/ window. The
    "drafts" and "sent" files have different numbers, and there also is a
    "root_0" file and three "custom_4" files, the latter presumably for my
    additionally created folder.

    Given that /KNode/ works a lot like a regular e-mail program, I would
    presume that "outbox_2.mbox" is the actual "Outbox" folder, with
    "outbox_2.idx" an indexing file and "outbox_2.info" a file that
    tells /KNode/ that the folder was in the opened view mode or something. On
    this system here it only seems to contain...:

    wasOpen=true

    The other two files - as you can see - are currently empty.

    Hope this answers your question... ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  4. Re: knode question

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has
    > saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the
    > outbox lives?

    that sounds like a problem i had have you add you mail server to your
    account

  5. Re: knode question

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Whenever I try to send an email from knode, it fails and tells me it has
    > saved the details in the outbox folder. Can anyone tell me where the
    > outbox lives?

    If you want to get down and dirty you should be able to find the outbox in
    ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/folders

    But it's been a while since I used Mandrake/Mandriva so I may be wrong.

    kev.

+ Reply to Thread