upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008 - Mandriva ; I have installed on my comp dual boot Mandriva free 2008 and windoze XP both work well if you can say windoze work well. anyway I have tried to upgrade 2008 free with a copy of Powerpack 2008 full of ...

  1. upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008

    I have installed on my comp dual boot Mandriva free 2008 and windoze XP
    both work well if you can say windoze work well.
    anyway I have tried to upgrade 2008 free with a copy of Powerpack 2008
    full of a disk from a comp mag.
    An error occurried
    Mounting Partition /dev/hda6 in Dectory /mnt/media/hd3 failed
    can anyone help me out
    thanks
    Chris
    P.S newbee realy wanting to get linux working well so I can leave the
    hold of MS

  2. Re: upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:51:55 +1000, Chris Taylor wrote:

    > I have installed on my comp dual boot Mandriva free 2008 and windoze XP
    > both work well if you can say windoze work well. anyway I have tried to
    > upgrade 2008 free with a copy of Powerpack 2008 full of a disk from a
    > comp mag.
    > An error occurried
    > Mounting Partition /dev/hda6 in Dectory /mnt/media/hd3 failed can
    > anyone help me out

    I'm no expert, far from it but does directory /mnt/media/hd3 exist on the
    free edition?

    /mnt and /media are usually separate directories under /

    FWIW upgrading isn't usually a good idea. A fresh install under Mandriva
    doesn't usually wipe all the user settings as it does in 'Doze. Select
    install rather than upgrade, then under disk partitioning only format
    the / directory (keeping /home intact) You'll find most of the programs
    such as email will retain their settings.

    HTH a bit.

  3. Re: upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:51:55 +1000, Chris Taylor wrote:
    > I have installed on my comp dual boot Mandriva free 2008 and windoze XP
    > both work well if you can say windoze work well.
    > anyway I have tried to upgrade 2008 free with a copy of Powerpack 2008
    > full of a disk from a comp mag.

    Is the original install a 2008.0 ONE or what?
    Is the Powerpack a 2008.0 or 2008.1?

    > An error occurried Mounting Partition /dev/hda6 in Dectory
    > /mnt/media/hd3 failed can anyone help me out

    Was that message after booting DVD, or were you doing something on DVD from
    comp mag while booted in your current 2008.x install?

  4. Re: upgrade Mandriva 2008 free to Powerpack 2008

    Jo Shloe writes:

    >On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:51:55 +1000, Chris Taylor wrote:

    >> I have installed on my comp dual boot Mandriva free 2008 and windoze XP
    >> both work well if you can say windoze work well. anyway I have tried to
    >> upgrade 2008 free with a copy of Powerpack 2008 full of a disk from a
    >> comp mag.
    >> An error occurried
    >> Mounting Partition /dev/hda6 in Dectory /mnt/media/hd3 failed can
    >> anyone help me out

    >I'm no expert, far from it but does directory /mnt/media/hd3 exist on the
    >free edition?

    >/mnt and /media are usually separate directories under /

    >FWIW upgrading isn't usually a good idea. A fresh install under Mandriva
    >doesn't usually wipe all the user settings as it does in 'Doze. Select
    >install rather than upgrade, then under disk partitioning only format
    >the / directory (keeping /home intact) You'll find most of the programs
    >such as email will retain their settings.

    He is upgrading 2008 to 2008. That is fine. He should NOT reinstall. He
    should just upgrade.
    You do not tell us where that error occured.
    You need to give more information.

    >HTH a bit.

+ Reply to Thread