Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox - Mandriva ; I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is empty, and I cannot add any actions ...

  1. Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it
    autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the
    manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is empty,
    and I cannot add any actions to it.

  2. Re: Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    Les B. Labbauf wrote:

    > I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it
    > autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the
    > manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is empty,
    > and I cannot add any actions to it.

    Been there, done that.

    Double-click on the space where the content will go. A dialog pops up.

    Doug.

  3. Re: Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:22:28 -0500, Les B. Labbauf wrote:

    > I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it
    > autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the
    > manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is empty,
    > and I cannot add any actions to it.

    I think you must first download a file, you then get to choose whether to,

    'Open With' whatever, or,

    'Save to disk', and there is also the option to

    'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'

    once you choose the last option, it will then show up in the empty dialog
    box you were talking about. But I am unsure if you can do waht you are
    wanting to, but I would be intersted to know

  4. Re: Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:43:35 -0500, aphelion wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:22:28 -0500, Les B. Labbauf wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it
    >> autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the
    >> manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is empty,
    >> and I cannot add any actions to it.

    > I think you must first download a file, you then get to choose whether
    > to,
    >
    > 'Open With' whatever, or,
    >
    > 'Save to disk', and there is also the option to
    >
    > 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'
    >
    > once you choose the last option, it will then show up in the empty
    > dialog box you were talking about. But I am unsure if you can do waht
    > you are wanting to, but I would be intersted to know

    Unfortunately I had save to disk selected, and do this from now on. I
    can't seem to get that dialog box back. And when I do open the manage
    file types, nothing is in the box, and I can't seem to add anything to it.

    Double clicking did bring up another dialog box, but that is for file
    types that are listed (None are).

  5. Re: Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:28:45 -0500, Les B. Labbauf wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:43:35 -0500, aphelion wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:22:28 -0500, Les B. Labbauf wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am trying to change the default download action in firefox, so it
    >>> autmaticallys starts up my torrent client. However when I open the
    >>> manage file types in Edit>Preferences>Content, the dialog box is
    >>> empty, and I cannot add any actions to it.

    >> I think you must first download a file, you then get to choose whether
    >> to,
    >>
    >> 'Open With' whatever, or,
    >>
    >> 'Save to disk', and there is also the option to
    >>
    >> 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'
    >>
    >> once you choose the last option, it will then show up in the empty
    >> dialog box you were talking about. But I am unsure if you can do waht
    >> you are wanting to, but I would be intersted to know

    > Unfortunately I had save to disk selected, and do this from now on. I
    > can't seem to get that dialog box back. And when I do open the manage
    > file types, nothing is in the box, and I can't seem to add anything to
    > it.
    >
    > Double clicking did bring up another dialog box, but that is for file
    > types that are listed (None are).

    I believe all of that information is stored in your .mozilla profile
    directory in the mimeTypes.rdf file. If you know what you want to put in
    there, you can edit that file with a text editor.

  6. Re: Changing Default Download Actions In Firefox

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:51:19 -0500, George Czerw wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:28:45 -0500, Les B. Labbauf wrote:

    >>> I think you must first download a file, you then get to choose whether
    >>> to,
    >>>
    >>> 'Open With' whatever, or,
    >>>
    >>> 'Save to disk', and there is also the option to
    >>>
    >>> 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'
    >>>
    >>> once you choose the last option, it will then show up in the empty
    >>> dialog box you were talking about. But I am unsure if you can do waht
    >>> you are wanting to, but I would be intersted to know

    >> Unfortunately I had save to disk selected, and do this from now on. I
    >> can't seem to get that dialog box back. And when I do open the manage
    >> file types, nothing is in the box, and I can't seem to add anything to
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Double clicking did bring up another dialog box, but that is for file
    >> types that are listed (None are).

    > I believe all of that information is stored in your .mozilla profile
    > directory in the mimeTypes.rdf file. If you know what you want to put
    > in there, you can edit that file with a text editor.

    Found the file but it has no significant XML entries.

    Not sure what to add.

+ Reply to Thread