Who need VNC?? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Who need VNC?? - Mandriva ; I used VNC before, but I found another way, of course a little bit more work but still. I did a ssh into my linux-router (headless) and tried out a command, most for fun...to see what happened...."MCC", to my surprise ...

  1. Who need VNC??

    I used VNC before, but I found another way, of course a little bit more
    work but still. I did a ssh into my linux-router (headless) and tried
    out a command, most for fun...to see what happened...."MCC", to my
    surprise the MCC started up, with a graphic interface and all, just if I
    have had a monitor direct into that box. I tried the command "kdesu
    konqueror /" and blimey, that came up as well....Now.....try THAT with a
    windoze box....This is some of what Linux is all about, to learn new
    things =0) haven't had my windoze box on for a month now.
    Oh well..just had to tell.

    All the best
    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Who need VNC??

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:42:03 +0200
    Roger wrote:

    > I used VNC before, but I found another way, of course a little bit more
    > work but still. I did a ssh into my linux-router (headless) and tried
    > out a command, most for fun...to see what happened...."MCC", to my
    > surprise the MCC started up, with a graphic interface and all, just if I
    > have had a monitor direct into that box. I tried the command "kdesu
    > konqueror /" and blimey, that came up as well....Now.....try THAT with a
    > windoze box....This is some of what Linux is all about, to learn new
    > things =0) haven't had my windoze box on for a month now.
    > Oh well..just had to tell.

    Yeah, I *love* this kind-of stuff! Here is something I did today. I was at a
    customer site to install security updates in their two routers using firmware
    updates downloaded to my MDV Linux laptop. I was also there to reenable internet
    access for some of their Windoze PCs that had been blocked due to end-luser
    abuses (a now dismissed employee was viewing pr0n from work). When I finished
    and said how much the fee was the business owner told me he would pay me on the
    spot if I could provide him an invoice right then. So, I went back to my lappy
    and ssh'd to my SOHO desktop PC running MDV. I started up GNUCash and made him
    an invoice. Then printed it to .ps and converted to .pdf using ps2pdf at the
    CLI. Then I closed GNCash and fired up Kmail and e-mailed him the invoice. Took
    about 15 - 20 minutes to do all this ... but I got paid on the spot for my
    labor. Try THAT with 'doze.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread