resolution problem after booting 2008.1 ATI-card - Mandriva

This is a discussion on resolution problem after booting 2008.1 ATI-card - Mandriva ; Hi, i just booted 2008.1 from the liveOne CD. Shortly before KDE starts, I see a BIG "c" from cancel and a BIG "n" from next... and KDE starts in a 640x480 resolution. Thats bad, in this resolution i don't ...

  1. resolution problem after booting 2008.1 ATI-card

    Hi,
    i just booted 2008.1 from the liveOne CD. Shortly before KDE starts, I
    see a BIG "c" from cancel and a BIG "n" from next... and KDE starts in a
    640x480 resolution. Thats bad, in this resolution i don't see the whole
    programs, i am not able to install graphically as i can't reach/read the
    lower buttons ;-(
    after logout, the display seems to be - interlaced, strange, low
    resolution, looks like 320x160 or so...

    I dont have this problem when booting 2008.0 liveOne

    Interesting Hardware:

    - ATI Radeon 9250 (running wihtout problem under 2008.0)

    --Highscreen MS19P (a cheap 19"-Moni) found with 1024x @60hz and
    "customized" with almost all possible settings

    Tia,
    Stefan

  2. Re: resolution problem after booting 2008.1 ATI-card

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:53:52 -0400, Stefan Blumenrath wrote:

    > i just booted 2008.1 from the liveOne CD. Shortly before KDE starts, I
    > see a BIG "c" from cancel and a BIG "n" from next... and KDE starts ina

    I haven't used any of the "one" cds. I expect, that during the boot, there
    will be an option to stop it, and specify kernel options. Try adding
    video=vesafb:1024x768-32@60

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: resolution problem after booting 2008.1 ATI-card

    Stefan Blumenrath wrote:

    > Hi,
    > i just booted 2008.1 from the liveOne CD. Shortly before KDE starts, I
    > see a BIG "c" from cancel and a BIG "n" from next... and KDE starts in a
    > 640x480 resolution. Thats bad, in this resolution i don't see the whole
    > programs, i am not able to install graphically as i can't reach/read the
    > lower buttons ;-(
    > after logout, the display seems to be - interlaced, strange, low
    > resolution, looks like 320x160 or so...
    >
    > I dont have this problem when booting 2008.0 liveOne
    >
    > Interesting Hardware:
    >
    > - ATI Radeon 9250 (running wihtout problem under 2008.0)
    >
    > --Highscreen MS19P (a cheap 19"-Moni) found with 1024x @60hz and
    > "customized" with almost all possible settings
    >
    > Tia,
    > Stefan

    I know with 2008.0 I couldn't run the 9250 agp card but the pci card ran
    without probs.
    --
    Reg

+ Reply to Thread