Amarok & crappy sound - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Amarok & crappy sound - Mandriva ; Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using it and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some corrupt library. Anyone else having this problem? Rich -- "You can lead them ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Amarok & crappy sound

  1. Amarok & crappy sound

    Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using it
    and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some corrupt
    library. Anyone else having this problem?

    Rich
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  2. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:35:51 GMT
    evodawg wrote:

    > Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using it
    > and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some corrupt
    > library. Anyone else having this problem?


    What version of Mandriva and what version of Amarok? I personally do not use
    Amarok but my wife had been using it (Mandriva 2007.1) and started having
    problems with it too. She has also switched to other software (choice is
    great!). I do not recall what problems she was having.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    --
    Mandriva Linux release 2007.1 (Official) for i586
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare


  3. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    ERACC wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:35:51 GMT
    > evodawg wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using
    >> it and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some
    >> corrupt library. Anyone else having this problem?

    >
    > What version of Mandriva and what version of Amarok? I personally do not
    > use Amarok but my wife had been using it (Mandriva 2007.1) and started
    > having problems with it too. She has also switched to other software
    > (choice is great!). I do not recall what problems she was having.
    >
    > Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)


    Man 2008. Amarok 1.4.7 It seems to slow down and get garbled. With the
    others, sound sounds great.

    Rich
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  4. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    ERACC wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:35:51 GMT
    > evodawg wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using it
    >> and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some corrupt
    >> library. Anyone else having this problem?

    >
    > What version of Mandriva and what version of Amarok? I personally do not use
    > Amarok but my wife had been using it (Mandriva 2007.1) and started having
    > problems with it too. She has also switched to other software (choice is
    > great!). I do not recall what problems she was having.

    ===================================
    As an 2007.1 user I find that Amarok is working well.

    Frank

  5. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    evodawg wrote:
    > Man 2008. Amarok 1.4.7 It seems to slow down and get garbled. With the
    > others, sound sounds great.


    2008.0 or 2008.1? Amarok 1.4.8 under 2008.1 is working
    fine for me. Most of the Beta-test and rc versions were
    botched up, though.

    Cheers!

    jim b.


    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  6. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    Jim Beard wrote:

    > evodawg wrote:
    >> Man 2008. Amarok 1.4.7 It seems to slow down and get garbled. With the
    >> others, sound sounds great.

    >
    > 2008.0 or 2008.1? Amarok 1.4.8 under 2008.1 is working
    > fine for me. Most of the Beta-test and rc versions were
    > botched up, though.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > jim b.
    >
    >

    2008.0 I'll just stick with what is working for now. xxms is simple stupid
    and has stayed that way since the beginning.
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  7. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    evodawg wrote:

    > Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using it
    > and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some corrupt
    > library. Anyone else having this problem?
    >
    > Rich

    My sound was horrible under amarok, so after reading your post i uninstalled
    it and installed xmms and exaile, now its working great.
    thanks so much for that tip, i had written my sound off as "un-fixable"
    Eric
    2008.0 x86_64


  8. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:35:51 +0000, evodawg wrote:

    > Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using
    > it and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some
    > corrupt library. Anyone else having this problem?
    >
    > Rich


    It takes some 20 seconds to load the tracks .wav files , but here it
    works quite well...Is playing Dallas... by J winter ...or is it
    Mayall?...do not remember...

    Mandriva2008 Amarok-1.4.7 using KDE-3.5.7

  9. Re: Amarok & crappy sound

    santo wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:35:51 +0000, evodawg wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone having a problem with playing back CD audio? I have stopped using
    >> it and switched to Exaile and XMMS. I guess it's the engine or some
    >> corrupt library. Anyone else having this problem?
    >>
    >> Rich

    >
    > It takes some 20 seconds to load the tracks .wav files , but here it
    > works quite well...Is playing Dallas... by J winter ...or is it
    > Mayall?...do not remember...
    >
    > Mandriva2008 Amarok-1.4.7 using KDE-3.5.7

    Hmmm wondering whats going on with mine. Oh well Exaile is working great.
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"
    Running Mandriva release 2008.0 free-i586 using KDE on i586

+ Reply to Thread