amsn cpu load - Mandriva

This is a discussion on amsn cpu load - Mandriva ; when I have amsn running on my systems it always runs them at full load, it didn't do this beore I installed 2008.1, clean install I deleated the configuration directery from my home just incase that was it but no ...

  1. amsn cpu load

    when I have amsn running on my systems it always runs them at full load,
    it didn't do this beore I installed 2008.1, clean install

    I deleated the configuration directery from my home just incase that was
    it but no luck

  2. Re: amsn cpu load

    chris gareau wrote:

    > when I have amsn running on my systems it always runs them at full load,
    > it didn't do this beore I installed 2008.1, clean install
    >
    > I deleated the configuration directery from my home just incase that was
    > it but no luck

    A newly started application should never have such a high priority that it
    would starve other processes - and this is what a high load essentially
    means: an ongoing process starvation - so I presume it must be a bug
    in /amsn/ then - or in a library it depends on, e.g. /GTK,/ /glibc.../

    Perhaps you should just give it a few days/weeks and then see if an update
    for that package is available. ;-)

    --
    Aragorn
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: amsn cpu load

    chris gareau wrote:
    > when I have amsn running on my systems it always runs them at full load,
    > it didn't do this beore I installed 2008.1, clean install
    >
    > I deleated the configuration directery from my home just incase that was
    > it but no luck

    fixed it, i installed the package from the amsn website and it works
    fine now

+ Reply to Thread