Problem with MCC Software Update - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Problem with MCC Software Update - Mandriva ; On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:48:56 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote: > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:58:07 +0000, Bit Twister wrote: > >> here has been/is a problem with urpmi which did not honnor the disable >> directive and used ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:48:56 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:58:07 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> here has been/is a problem with urpmi which did not honnor the disable
    >> directive and used them anyway.

    > OK - but why delete Test and Backport?

    Not a problem if you want updates from those mirrors.
    I had at least two occasions where backport broke an application.
    One of which was urpmi.

  2. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    Maurice Batey writes:

    >After successful use of MCC Software Update since installing
    >2008.0PP, these last 3 days I've been getting the following
    >failure (also with Contrib Updates and Non-free Updates):

    > "A fatal error occurred; It's impossible to retrieve the list
    >of new packages from the media 'Main Updates (Official2008.0-1)'.
    > Either this update media is misconfigured, and in this case you
    >should use the Software Media Manager to remove it and re-add it
    >in order to reconfigure it, either (or?!) it is currently
    >unreachable and you should retry later..

    >Anyone else having this problem?

    Since you give us no information we cannot know. For example, you may have
    installed from DVD and left the dvd in the slot before three days ago
    What is the content of /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf?

    >--
    >/\/\aurice
    > (Remove 'removethis.' to reply by email)

  3. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    Maurice Batey writes:

    >On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:03:09 +0100, Dave Pickles wrote:

    >> Does the URL of the repository you're using contain /current/ ?

    > No:

    >http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrak...l/2008.0/i586/
    >media/main/updates

    >http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrak...l/2008.0/i586/
    >media/contrib/updates

    >http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrak...l/2008.0/i586/
    >media/non-free/updates

    Those pages do not exist, so it is not surprizing you do not get anything.

  4. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:23:54 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Maurice, after using easyurpmi.zarb.org, do a cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg
    > and verify that 2008.0 is in the PLF entries,

    It is. (Also "grep 2008.1 ..." gives zero response)

    --
    /\/\aurice

  5. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:17:23 +0000, Jim Beard wrote:

    > Reinstall the mirrors. ... by using easyurpmi.zarb.org

    Now done that. All seems well again. Many thanks, all!

    --
    /\/\aurice

  6. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:09:36 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:23:54 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Maurice, after using easyurpmi.zarb.org, do a cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg
    >> and verify that 2008.0 is in the PLF entries,

    > It is. (Also "grep 2008.1 ..." gives zero response)

    My suggestion was just a sanity check to verify PLF release value matched
    your release.

  7. Re: Problem with MCC Software Update

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > After successful use of MCC Software Update since installing
    > 2008.0PP, these last 3 days I've been getting the following
    > failure (also with Contrib Updates and Non-free Updates):
    >
    > "A fatal error occurred; It's impossible to retrieve the list
    > of new packages from the media 'Main Updates (Official2008.0-1)'.
    > Either this update media is misconfigured, and in this case you
    > should use the Software Media Manager to remove it and re-add it
    > in order to reconfigure it, either (or?!) it is currently
    > unreachable and you should retry later..
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    All you have to do is to read and try to understand what is written... But
    you are somehow used to get error numbers such as 403, 404 530 or so???

    Seriously... Try to think a little bit or search in this forum and you would
    have seen that you are not the only one who had such a "problem". And the
    solution will always be the same.

    Ciao @+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2