Some links + buttoms do not react anymore - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Some links + buttoms do not react anymore - Mandriva ; I've got a strange new problem. Since yesterday, I cannot look up anything in google. It seems that the Enter-key doesn't work (but it does work on other places). I cannot send a message in Google-mail. The Send-button doesn't react ...

  1. Some links + buttoms do not react anymore

    I've got a strange new problem. Since yesterday, I cannot look up
    anything in google. It seems that the Enter-key doesn't work (but it
    does work on other places). I cannot send a message in Google-mail.
    The Send-button doesn't react anylonger. Also in other sites, e.g.
    www.ipernity.com, some buttons don't work, but ordinary blue links
    work perfectly.

    If I run windows on the same computer, everything works fine. If a go
    to mandriva again, same problem. My system has been working for months
    without a problem.

    Does someone have a clue? Thanks!

  2. Re: Some links + buttoms do not react anymore

    In the mean time I found out, that the problem started occurring only
    in Firefox. I'm now using Konqueror, and all buttons work here.

    paul2...@gmail.com schreef:
    > I've got a strange new problem. Since yesterday, I cannot look up
    > anything in google. It seems that the Enter-key doesn't work (but it
    > does work on other places). I cannot send a message in Google-mail.
    > The Send-button doesn't react anylonger.

  3. Re: Some links + buttoms do not react anymore

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:56:34 -0700 (PDT), paul2711@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've got a strange new problem. Since yesterday, I cannot look up
    > anything in google.

    If you look in you Admin diary what did you change, Yesterday.

    > It seems that the Enter-key doesn't work (but it
    > does work on other places).

    Well, that indicates keyboard is not broke, and desktop manager is
    passing Enter to other apps.

    > I cannot send a message in Google-mail.
    > The Send-button doesn't react anylonger. Also in other sites, e.g.
    > www.ipernity.com, some buttons don't work, but ordinary blue links
    > work perfectly.

    How do you relate links to enter key. Guessing you are saying Enter
    works in a link but not in main page.

    > If I run windows on the same computer, everything works fine. If a go
    > to mandriva again, same problem. My system has been working for months
    > without a problem.
    >
    > Does someone have a clue? Thanks!

    You may want to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    What release of Mandriva (2006, 2007,0, 2007,1, 2008.0, 2008.0 alpha/beta/rc,..)
    and what release of Firefox (2.0.0.8, 2.0.0.10, 2.0.0.13, 3.0.rc5,...)

  4. Re: Some links + buttoms do not react anymore

    On Apr 13, 9:28 am, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:56:34 -0700 (PDT), paul2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I've got a strange new problem. Since yesterday, I cannot look up
    > > anything in google.

    > If you look in you Admin diary what did you change, Yesterday.

    Nothing at all.

    > > I cannot send a message in Google-mail.
    > > The Send-button doesn't react anylonger. Also in other sites, e.g.
    > >www.ipernity.com, some buttons don't work, but ordinary blue links
    > > work perfectly.

    > How do you relate links to enter key. Guessing you are saying Enter
    > works in a link but not in main page.

    Enter works when the pointer is above a blue link. Enter does not work
    when the pointer is above a button.
    Similarly left click works when the pointer is above a blue link. Left
    click does not work when the pointer is above a button (e.g. the
    Send-button)

    Can it have something to do with Java?

    > What release of Mandriva (2006, 2007,0, 2007,1, 2008.0, 2008.0 alpha/beta/rc,..)
    > and what release of Firefox (2.0.0.8, 2.0.0.10, 2.0.0.13, 3.0.rc5,...)

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; eo; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20070914
    Mandriva/2.0.0.8-1mdv2008.0 (2008.0) Firefox/2.0.0.8

  5. Re: Some links + buttoms do not react anymore

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 07:41:15 -0700 (PDT), paul2711@gmail.com wrote:

    > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; eo; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20070914
    > Mandriva/2.0.0.8-1mdv2008.0 (2008.0) Firefox/2.0.0.8

    I would not bother trouble shooting a problem on a system which is
    sooo far out of date with missing security updates let alone missing
    application updates.

    2.6.22.18 would be a much more current kernel and
    2.0.0.13 for firefox.

+ Reply to Thread