XAMPP: how can I disable authentication of xampp user ? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on XAMPP: how can I disable authentication of xampp user ? - Mandriva ; While installing xampp for Linux I enabled the security option for authentication of xampp user. So every time I connect to localhost the authentication windows appears and I have to login with user lampp and password. How can I disable ...

  1. XAMPP: how can I disable authentication of xampp user ?

    While installing xampp for Linux I enabled the security option for
    authentication of xampp user. So every time I connect to localhost the
    authentication windows appears and I have to login with user lampp and
    password.
    How can I disable that authentication option ?

    Thanks.
    Stefano

  2. Re: XAMPP: how can I disable authentication of xampp user ?

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 02:54:06 -0400, Stefano wrote:

    > While installing xampp for Linux I enabled the security option for
    > How can I disable that authentication option ?

    I haven't used the package, but from skimming the documentation, the
    security is turned on by running "/opt/lampp/lampp security". I suspect
    /opt/lampp/lampp is a script, similar to the init.d scripts.

    Doesn't look like it has an option to turn off the security. You may
    be able to turn if off with "/opt/lampp/lampp restart". If that fails,
    browse the script, look for where it handles the security option, and
    see what the script is doing. Manually undo whatever file changes it
    does, and kill any programs it starts.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins