Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" - Mandriva ; Greetings All, On Mandriva 2008 i586, HP 530 Notebook How do I disable the "toutch pad"? How do I reset the "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" function?. Please reply only if you know the proper answer TIA Rgds Edward ...

  1. Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space"

    Greetings All,

    On Mandriva 2008 i586, HP 530 Notebook

    How do I disable the "toutch pad"?

    How do I reset the "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" function?.

    Please reply only if you know the proper answer

    TIA
    Rgds
    Edward
    Registered Linux User No. 224802

  2. Re: Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space"

    On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:48:11 -0400, egh wrote:

    > How do I disable the "toutch pad"?

    Use "urpmi synaptics", to install the touch pad xorg driver.
    Then use syndaemon to disable the mouse while typing, and control
    how long it stays disabled, after you stop typing.

    See http://www.lockergnome.com/linux/200...-the-easy-way/
    and "man syndaemon" for more info.

    > How do I reset the "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" function?.

    In /etc/X11/xorg.conf, in the ServerFlags section, comment
    out the line with DontZap.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space"

    egh writes:

    >Greetings All,

    >On Mandriva 2008 i586, HP 530 Notebook

    >How do I disable the "toutch pad"?

    >How do I reset the "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" function?.

    >Please reply only if you know the proper answer

    Please reask if you know the proper question.
    a)/etc/X11/xorg.conf
    b) reset to what?

    >TIA
    >Rgds
    >Edward
    >Registered Linux User No. 224802

  4. Re: Toutch Pad and "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space"

    On Mar 18, 1:24 pm, "David W. Hodgins"
    wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:48:11 -0400, egh wrote:
    > > How do I disable the "toutch pad"?

    > Use "urpmi synaptics", to install the touch pad xorg driver.
    > Then use syndaemon to disable the mouse while typing, and control
    > how long it stays disabled, after you stop typing.
    >
    > Seehttp://www.lockergnome.com/linux/2007/09/20/disable-your-notebook-tou...
    > and "man syndaemon" for more info.
    >
    > > How do I reset the "Ctrl + Alt + Back Space" function?.

    > In /etc/X11/xorg.conf, in the ServerFlags section, comment
    > out the line with DontZap.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >
    > --
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    Greetings,
    Thanks for your prompt reply

    Rgds
    Edward