E_TECH USB ADSL Modem - Mandriva

This is a discussion on E_TECH USB ADSL Modem - Mandriva ; Dear all.., Is anybody using an E-TECH USB ADSL modem with a Mandriva distro..? I can only use this modem now with Mandrake9.2 because of the driver/firmware for this distro. Other distro's seem to have a 'cxacru' file at the ...

  1. E_TECH USB ADSL Modem

    Dear all..,
    Is anybody using an E-TECH USB ADSL modem with a Mandriva distro..?
    I can only use this modem now with Mandrake9.2 because of the
    driver/firmware for this distro.
    Other distro's seem to have a 'cxacru' file at the bootup but no firmware
    to wake up this modem (a Connexant type)

  2. Re: E_TECH USB ADSL Modem

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:24:06 -0400, tw wrote:

    > Is anybody using an E-TECH USB ADSL modem with a Mandriva distro..?

    You'll have to provide more information, for anyone to be able to help.

    What's the output of "lsusb -v", for the modem? What's the model number?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: E_TECH USB ADSL Modem

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:26:05 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:24:06 -0400, tw wrote:
    >
    >> Is anybody using an E-TECH USB ADSL modem with a Mandriva distro..?

    > You'll have to provide more information, for anyone to be able to help.
    >
    > What's the output of "lsusb -v", for the modem? What's the model number?
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Dave..,

    This is the modem part in the lsusb output:

    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0572:cb00 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.10
    bDeviceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 64
    idVendor 0x0572 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.
    idProduct 0xcb00
    bcdDevice 0.02
    iManufacturer 1 -
    iProduct 2 ADSL USB MODEM
    iSerial 3 08298061
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 67
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0x80
    MaxPower 500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 7
    bInterfaceClass 0 Interface
    bInterfaceSubClass 0 Default
    bInterfaceProtocol 0
    iInterface 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x01 EP 1 OUT
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x84 EP 4 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 8
    bInterval 200
    Language IDs: (length=4)
    0409 English(US)

    and the model number is: ET00A26E4B003198

    For Mandrake9.2 there was this file: usbendpoint-17-8di586.rpm
    which I had to install in order to get teh modem to work.
    For Windows2K there was a different installation, bur I don't use W2K any
    more.

    Tried bluntly to rpm the same 'usbendpoint-17-8di586.rpm' file under
    MandrivaPowerpack and som other rpm based distros, but that does not
    work.

    I am experimenting with all sorts of distros but for the moment I have to
    stick with MDR9.2 because of the modem.
    I am not unhappy with MDR9.2, can do my internet stuff, watch dvd's with
    vlc (also for listening to streaming radio, etc.

    Hope the info is what you asked.?

    Tony Willems

  4. Re: E_TECH USB ADSL Modem

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:29:58 -0400, tw wrote:

    > Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0572:cb00 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.

    From a search on the above vender:deviceid, I found instructions for
    setting up the modem with ubuntu. The instructions look like they
    will work with mandriva, as well. Take a look at
    http://forcespike.altervista.org/art...-usb-modem.php

    Regards, Dave Hodgins