Cooker 2008.1: Amarok rewrote track tags without permission - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Cooker 2008.1: Amarok rewrote track tags without permission - Mandriva ; Cooker 2008.1 (fully up to date), x86_64 I have just noticed that all tracks that I played specifically on 07 March 2008 have been re-written by Amarok with one artist name/album (I tagged ONE track with this artist and album). ...

  1. Cooker 2008.1: Amarok rewrote track tags without permission

    Cooker 2008.1 (fully up to date), x86_64

    I have just noticed that all tracks that I played specifically on 07
    March 2008 have been re-written by Amarok with one artist name/album
    (I tagged ONE track with this artist and album).

    Amarok thus decided to also substitute all 150-ish completely
    different, fully tagged tracks I played that day with the exact same
    artist and album data and wiping track number/date/genre information
    too, thus completely messing up all the tags to those tracks.

    I would suggest anyone that had cooker then and used Amarok on the day
    in question to check their tagging just incase their collections got
    screwed.

  2. Re: Cooker 2008.1: Amarok rewrote track tags without permission

    On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:50:28 +0000, Darius wrote:

    > Cooker 2008.1 (fully up to date), x86_64
    >
    > I have just noticed that all tracks that I played specifically on 07
    > March 2008 have been re-written by Amarok with one artist name/album (I
    > tagged ONE track with this artist and album).

    It's even worse than I thought, Amarok over-wrote nearly 500 track tags.

+ Reply to Thread