sound working But???? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on sound working But???? - Mandriva ; After messing with my onboard sound and not having any luck getting it to work I bought a 10.00 sound card on Ebay, C-Media Electronics Inc. It has what I needed and it worked without having to load drivers. I'm ...

  1. sound working But????

    After messing with my onboard sound and not having any luck
    getting it to work I bought a 10.00 sound card on Ebay, C-Media
    Electronics Inc. It has what I needed and it worked without
    having to load drivers. I'm having one annoying problem though
    it plays great through Mplayer and other associated mplayer
    front ends but the sound reverberates in Amarok. Kind of like
    it's using both sound cards at the same time. Anyone have any
    ideas?

    This is what I get when I run from console. It loads fine but
    when I hit the play button. And sound will not stop when I hit
    stop button. I have to go into Ksysguard stop "aplay" and
    amarok.

    ASUS motherboard ‎Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @
    > 2.40GHz

    2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv

    Amarok from console:
    TagLib: MPEG::Header:arse() -- Invalid sample ra te.
    X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    Major opcode: 56
    Minor opcode: 0
    Resource id: 0x0
    X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    Major opcode: 56
    Minor opcode: 0
    Resource id: 0x0

    Thanks for any conclusion
    Rich
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  2. Re: sound working But????

    Rich wrote:

    It's seems that any player associated with xine engine is the
    problem. I get the same problem with gxine, kaffeine etc.

    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  3. Re: sound working But????

    Rich wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    > It's seems that any player associated with xine engine is the
    > problem. I get the same problem with gxine, kaffeine etc.
    >

    >> After messing with my onboard sound and not having any luck
    >> getting it to work I bought a 10.00 sound card on Ebay, C-Media
    >> Electronics Inc. It has what I needed and it worked without
    >> having to load drivers. I'm having one annoying problem though
    >> it plays great through Mplayer and other associated mplayer
    >> front ends but the sound reverberates in Amarok. Kind of like
    >> it's using both sound cards at the same time. Anyone have any
    >> ideas?
    >>
    >> This is what I get when I run from console. It loads fine but
    >> when I hit the play button. And sound will not stop when I hit
    >> stop button. I have to go into Ksysguard stop "aplay" and
    >> amarok.
    >>
    >> ASUS motherboard ‎Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @
    >>> 2.40GHz

    >> 2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv
    >>
    >> Amarok from console:
    >> TagLib: MPEG::Header:arse() -- Invalid sample ra te.
    >> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    >> Major opcode: 56
    >> Minor opcode: 0
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    >> Major opcode: 56
    >> Minor opcode: 0
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >>
    >> Thanks for any conclusion
    >> Rich

    try deactivating the onboard sound in the bios

    I use a sound blaster audigy card in favor of a ac97 onboard with no
    problems

  4. Re: sound working But????

    chris gareau wrote:

    > Rich wrote:
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>
    >> It's seems that any player associated with xine engine is the
    >> problem. I get the same problem with gxine, kaffeine etc.
    >>

    >>> After messing with my onboard sound and not having any luck
    >>> getting it to work I bought a 10.00 sound card on Ebay,
    >>> C-Media Electronics Inc. It has what I needed and it worked
    >>> without having to load drivers. I'm having one annoying
    >>> problem though it plays great through Mplayer and other
    >>> associated mplayer front ends but the sound reverberates in
    >>> Amarok. Kind of like it's using both sound cards at the same
    >>> time. Anyone have any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> This is what I get when I run from console. It loads fine but
    >>> when I hit the play button. And sound will not stop when I
    >>> hit stop button. I have to go into Ksysguard stop "aplay" and
    >>> amarok.
    >>>
    >>> ASUS motherboard ‎Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @
    >>> 2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv
    >>>
    >>> Amarok from console:
    >>> TagLib: MPEG::Header:arse() -- Invalid sample ra te.
    >>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    >>> Major opcode: 56
    >>> Minor opcode: 0
    >>> Resource id: 0x0
    >>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
    >>> Major opcode: 56
    >>> Minor opcode: 0
    >>> Resource id: 0x0
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any conclusion
    >>> Rich

    > try deactivating the onboard sound in the bios
    >
    > I use a sound blaster audigy card in favor of a ac97 onboard
    > with no problems

    When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop working.
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  5. Re: sound working But????

    Rich wrote:
    > chris gareau wrote:
    >

    >> Rich wrote:
    >>> Rich wrote:
    >>>
    >>> It's seems that any player associated with xine engine is the
    >>> problem. I get the same problem with gxine, kaffeine etc.

    >> try deactivating the onboard sound in the bios
    >>
    >> I use a sound blaster audigy card in favor of a ac97 onboard
    >> with no problems

    > When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop working.

    that makes no scence??????????????????????????

  6. Re: sound working But????

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:05:06 -0400, Rich wrote:

    > When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop working.

    That sounds like a catch-22. It's very unlikely the onboard sound
    card will not interfere with the add-on card.

    Are your keyboard & mouse usb? Does the bios setup program have an
    option for enabling usb legacy support, usb interrupt, and usb mouse/
    keyboard? Are they all enabled? Disabling the sound card shouldn't
    have any impact on the keyboard & mouse, unless they are connected
    to ports supported by the sound card itself. Very strange.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  7. Re: sound working But????

    chris gareau wrote:

    >>> try deactivating the onboard sound in the bios
    >>>
    >>> I use a sound blaster audigy card in favor of a ac97 onboard
    >>> with no problems

    >> When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop
    >> working.

    > that makes no scence??????????????????????????

    Guess I could look into trying to reassigning the keyboard and
    mouse in bios. My keyboard and mouse is one of those cordless
    type. An inferred unit hooks to the area where a corded mouse
    and keyboard would hook to and the small unit sits on the desk.
    I just don't like messing with bios.
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  8. Re: sound working But????

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:05:06 -0400, Rich
    > wrote:
    >

    >> When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop
    >> working.

    > That sounds like a catch-22. It's very unlikely the onboard
    > sound card will not interfere with the add-on card.
    >
    > Are your keyboard & mouse usb?

    No, it inferred and it hooks to the normal keyboard and mouse
    inputs.
    > Does the bios setup program
    > have an option for enabling usb legacy support, usb interrupt,
    > and usb mouse/keyboard?

    I'm pretty sure about the legacy support and usb, not sure about
    mouse and keyboard.
    > Are they all enabled?

    yes, but when I disable sound it effects the mouse and keyboard.
    > Disabling the sound card
    > shouldn't have any impact on the keyboard & mouse, unless they
    > are connected
    > to ports supported by the sound card itself. Very strange.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I thought the same.

    Rich
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  9. Re: sound working But????

    Rich wrote:

    >>> When I disable onboard sound my keyboard and mouse stop
    >>> working.

    >> that makes no scence??????????????????????????

    > Guess I could look into trying to reassigning the keyboard and
    > mouse in bios. My keyboard and mouse is one of those cordless
    > type. An inferred unit hooks to the area where a corded mouse
    > and keyboard would hook to and the small unit sits on the desk.
    > I just don't like messing with bios.

    that is rily strange that the onboard sound affects the kepboard and
    mouse, there are compleatly unrelated systems, r u using ps/2 or usb for
    the keyboard and mouse?????

    tell us everything you know about the hardware configuration in the system.

    mobo bios cards onboard devices settings stuff like that

    did you remove the old driver for the onboard device?????

+ Reply to Thread