after running update nfs won't mount exported drives - Mandriva

This is a discussion on after running update nfs won't mount exported drives - Mandriva ; Last night I did an update Now 2007.1 nfs will not mount my exported drives apon bootup. I can mount then from root console using mount -a. I try putting mount -a in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, but no cigar any ...

  1. after running update nfs won't mount exported drives

    Last night I did an update

    Now 2007.1 nfs will not mount my exported drives apon bootup.
    I can mount then from root console using mount -a. I try putting
    mount -a in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, but no cigar

    any ideas my this is happening?

  2. Re: after running update nfs won't mount exported drives

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:52:54 GMT, carl wagner wrote:
    > Last night I did an update
    >
    > Now 2007.1 nfs will not mount my exported drives apon bootup.
    > I can mount then from root console using mount -a. I try putting
    > mount -a in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, but no cigar
    >
    > any ideas my this is happening?

    Since you provided no information found in /var/log/messages on either machine,
    contents of /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/fstab, /etc/exports, ...
    you may want to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    My WAG would be one or more daemon/services (netfs, nfslock, nfs) not
    running on either/both machines or a tcp wrappers reject if the
    firewall is not helping you into the ditch.

    If you have a /etc/hosts.deny file with ALL: , I recommend something like:

    $ cat /etc/hosts.deny
    #************************************************* *********************
    # hosts.deny This file describes the names of the hosts which are
    # *not* allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
    # by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
    #
    # The portmap line is redundant, but it is left to remind you that
    # the new secure portmap uses hosts.deny and hosts.allow. In particular
    # you should know that NFS uses portmap!

    ALL: ALL:\
    spawn ( \
    /bin/echo -e "\n\
    TCP Wrappers\: Connection Refused\n\
    By\: $(uname -n)\n\
    Process\: %d (pid %p)\n\
    \n\
    User\: %u\n\
    Host\: %c\n\
    Date\: $(date)\n\
    " | /bin/mail -s \"$(uname -n)\" root ) & : DENY

    That way if tcp wrappers rejects a request, root will get an email
    giving you a hint as to what daemon/service did a reject.

+ Reply to Thread