vmware +mandriva2008 = solved - Mandriva

This is a discussion on vmware +mandriva2008 = solved - Mandriva ; Mandriva 2008 One +VMware Workstation 5.5.5 vmware-config.pl was aborting at the creation of the vmmon module because the 2008 "One" install does not by default install _all_ of the necessary gcc support files -tsk-tsk- how would anyone transitioning from Mickey ...

  1. vmware +mandriva2008 = solved

    Mandriva 2008 One +VMware Workstation 5.5.5

    vmware-config.pl was aborting at the creation of the vmmon module because
    the 2008 "One" install does not by default install _all_ of the necessary
    gcc support files -tsk-tsk- how would anyone transitioning from Mickey
    $oft ever figure something like this out...

    --
    so long, and thanks for all the clues!

  2. Re: vmware +mandriva2008 = solved

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:52:23 -0000, mr.b wrote:
    > Mandriva 2008 One +VMware Workstation 5.5.5
    >
    > vmware-config.pl was aborting at the creation of the vmmon module because
    > the 2008 "One" install does not by default install _all_ of the necessary
    > gcc support files -tsk-tsk- how would anyone transitioning from Mickey
    > $oft ever figure something like this out...

    They would not know the ONE is just a live cd and is basically a demo CD
    without development tools. I would assume a newbie would not be trying
    to add MVware Workstation :-D

  3. Re: vmware +mandriva2008 = solved

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:11:48 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:52:23 -0000, mr.b wrote:
    >> Mandriva 2008 One +VMware Workstation 5.5.5
    >>
    >> vmware-config.pl was aborting at the creation of the vmmon module
    >> because the 2008 "One" install does not by default install _all_ of the
    >> necessary gcc support files -tsk-tsk- how would anyone transitioning
    >> from Mickey $oft ever figure something like this out...

    > They would not know the ONE is just a live cd and is basically a demo CD
    > without development tools. I would assume a newbie would not be trying
    > to add MVware Workstation :-D

    true enough...I guess my expectations have risen after putzing around
    with Linux for a few years...I mean I watch 24, 13 year old kids using
    and tweaking Slack12 in my class every day...newbie takes on a different
    meaning...

+ Reply to Thread