restart mediamamager - Mandriva

This is a discussion on restart mediamamager - Mandriva ; I am running 2007.1 all updates When I insert a cd or usb key. The kde mediamanger does the job. Now suddenly it gives me a message saying "mediamanager not running" restarting X clears this up. Is there a way ...

  1. restart mediamamager

    I am running 2007.1 all updates

    When I insert a cd or usb key. The kde mediamanger does the job.
    Now suddenly it gives me a message saying "mediamanager not running"

    restarting X clears this up.

    Is there a way to restart the mediamanager without restarting X?

  2. Re: restart mediamamager

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:14:46 -0500, Asis wrote:

    > I am running 2007.1 all updates
    > When I insert a cd or usb key. The kde mediamanger does the job.
    > Now suddenly it gives me a message saying "mediamanager not running"
    > restarting X clears this up.
    > Is there a way to restart the mediamanager without restarting X?

    Try running kcontrol, select kde components, and then starting the
    mediamanager there. As restarting X clears it up, I suspect the
    mediamanager is crashing, at some point. See if you can find any
    messages related to it, in ~/.xsession-errors

    Regards, Dave Hodgins