Supergenpass.com - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Supergenpass.com - Mandriva ; Anyone here tried the password generator from: http://www.supergenpass.com ? (Very little traffic in Google Groups.) -- /\/\aurice ((Remove 'removethis.' to reply by email)...

  1. Supergenpass.com

    Anyone here tried the password generator from:

    http://www.supergenpass.com
    ?

    (Very little traffic in Google Groups.)

    --
    /\/\aurice
    ((Remove 'removethis.' to reply by email)

  2. Re: Supergenpass.com

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > Anyone here tried the password generator from:
    >
    > http://www.supergenpass.com
    > ?

    Can't say that I have. What's its "selling point"?

    > (Very little traffic in Google Groups.)

    Couldn't care less about google rubbish.

    --
    Weblog - http://inbothworlds.wordpress.com/
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDV 2006 - KDE 3.4

  3. Re: Supergenpass.com

    Dave wrote:

    > Maurice Batey wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone here tried the password generator from:
    >>
    >> http://www.supergenpass.com
    >> ?

    > Can't say that I have. What's its "selling point"?
    >
    >> (Very little traffic in Google Groups.)

    > Couldn't care less about google rubbish.

    I have blocked Google Groups in Leafnode. Comparing what I see with the
    original a couple of days ago (not this group but one which has lost
    members over spam,) the difference in spam is dramatic.

    I use weak passwords anyway. I am a home user, not an IT person.

    Doug.

  4. Re: Supergenpass.com

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > Dave wrote:
    >
    >> Maurice Batey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone here tried the password generator from:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.supergenpass.com
    >>> ?

    >> Can't say that I have. What's its "selling point"?
    >>
    >>> (Very little traffic in Google Groups.)

    >> Couldn't care less about google rubbish.
    >>

    > I have blocked Google Groups in Leafnode. Comparing what I see with the
    > original a couple of days ago (not this group but one which has lost
    > members over spam,) the difference in spam is dramatic.
    >
    > I use weak passwords anyway. I am a home user, not an IT person.
    >
    > Doug.

    I use:
    http://www.mytsoftware.com/dailyproj...n/PassGen.html
    and set to base95

    As a home user you should like all users think about the passwords you use.
    If somebody gets into your account what else can they do on your behalf.
    A complex password doesn't have to be hard to remember. It just needs to be
    hard for somebody else to work out.

    JulianJ
    --
    Thanks

    JulianJ

    (remove nopsam from email)

  5. Re: Supergenpass.com

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:46:05 +0000, Dave wrote:

    > Can't say that I have. What's its "selling point"?

    No need to remember (or make note of) numerous passwords.

    > Couldn't care less about google rubbish.

    Googling for info in newsgroups has solved many a problem for me.

    --
    /\/\aurice

  6. Re: Supergenpass.com

    On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:01:47 +0000, JulianJ wrote:

    > I use:
    > http://www.mytsoftware.com/dailyproj...n/PassGen.html
    > and set to base95

    So that simply cranks out good passwords, which one then has to
    remember or make note of?

    --
    /\/\aurice

  7. Re: Supergenpass.com

    On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:28:06 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:

    > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:46:05 +0000, Dave wrote:
    >
    >> Can't say that I have. What's its "selling point"?

    > No need to remember (or make note of) numerous passwords.

    I don't. I use the same one on all non-important information. My problem
    is remembering the damned user names!

    >> Couldn't care less about google rubbish.

    > Googling for info in newsgroups has solved many a problem for me.

  8. Re: Supergenpass.com

    :
    |$ echo `date` | /usr/bin/md5sum
    :

  9. Re: Supergenpass.com

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:01:47 +0000, JulianJ wrote:
    >
    >> I use:
    >> http://www.mytsoftware.com/dailyproj...n/PassGen.html
    >> and set to base95

    > So that simply cranks out good passwords, which one then has to
    > remember or make note of?

    yes it dows.
    I use ewallet on my PDA to store the info I need to keep with me and
    passwordsafe to store Info I need in work. I think they can both generate
    passwords as well.
    When I reset a users password I find a nasty one for them and give it to
    them over the phone. Well you have to have some fun don't you

    --
    Thanks

    JulianJ

    (remove nopsam from email)

  10. Re: Supergenpass.com

    On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:27:30 +0000, ray wrote:

    > My problem is remembering the damned user names!

    Ah, yes - me too...

    --
    /\/\aurice