Setting Up Apache On 2008 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Setting Up Apache On 2008 - Mandriva ; Anyone have a guide to set up and configure Apache to display .asp pages? I haven't installed Apache yet and won't until I find a definitive guide. My new system is stock Mandriva 2008 with all of the latest updates ...

  1. Setting Up Apache On 2008

    Anyone have a guide to set up and configure Apache to display .asp
    pages?

    I haven't installed Apache yet and won't until I find a definitive
    guide. My new system is stock Mandriva 2008 with all of the latest
    updates only.

    This Apache server will be used for Intranet purposes only.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Setting Up Apache On 2008

    MoMule wrote:

    > Anyone have a guide to set up and configure Apache to display .asp
    > pages?
    >
    > I haven't installed Apache yet and won't until I find a definitive
    > guide. My new system is stock Mandriva 2008 with all of the latest
    > updates only.
    >
    > This Apache server will be used for Intranet purposes only.
    >
    > Thanks

    apache is the "big gun" of web servers, for a simple web server try lighttpd,
    its smaller and easier to set up than apache. I dont know if it supports asp
    or not tho.
    Eric

  3. Re: Setting Up Apache On 2008

    On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:35:52 -0500, Eric wrote:

    > apache is the "big gun" of web servers, for a simple web server try lighttpd,
    > its smaller and easier to set up than apache. I dont know if it supports asp

    Apache has limited support for asp, in that it's limited to perl scripts, unless
    you pay for the sun version, which will support vbscript, and javascript. If
    you need activex, you currently have to use M$ crapware, as far as I know.

    I haven't checked, but doubt lighttpd supports asp.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: Setting Up Apache On 2008

    On Mar 5, 1:32*am, "David W. Hodgins"
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:35:52 -0500, Eric wrote:
    > > apache is the "big gun" of web servers, for a simple web server try lighttpd,
    > > its smaller and easier to set up than apache. I dont know if it supportsasp

    > Apache has limited support for asp, in that it's limited to perl scripts, unless
    > you pay for the sun version, which will support vbscript, and javascript. *If
    > you need activex, you currently have to use M$ crapware, as far as I know.
    >
    > I haven't checked, but doubt lighttpd supports asp.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >
    > --
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    Thanks for the replies. I asked the same question on irc #Mandriva
    and they refered me to #Apache where someone suggested the following
    link: http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono

    I haven't tried it out yet, but plan to this week or the next.

    Thanks again,

    MoMule

+ Reply to Thread