Why Mandelbrot on network? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Why Mandelbrot on network? - Mandriva ; Just out of curiosity, this one. I was looking through my Beta 2 /etc/services file today and noticed an entry for "Network Mandelbrot." Why is it needed, or who wants to send fractals on a network? Doug....

  1. Why Mandelbrot on network?

    Just out of curiosity, this one. I was looking through my Beta
    2 /etc/services file today and noticed an entry for "Network Mandelbrot."
    Why is it needed, or who wants to send fractals on a network?

    Doug.

  2. Re: Why Mandelbrot on network?

    On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:51:01 -0500, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > Just out of curiosity, this one. I was looking through my Beta
    > 2 /etc/services file today and noticed an entry for "Network Mandelbrot."

    It's in 2008.0, as well. See http://www.gson.org/mandelspawn/

    Regards, Dave Hodgins