Can't install Dell 720 printer in MDV2007.1 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Can't install Dell 720 printer in MDV2007.1 - Mandriva ; Using MDV2007.1 , I am struggling to install a Dell 720 Photo printer in Mandriva control panel. Although the printer is recognised by its name ,the printer is NOT in the list , no driver can be found. I understand ...

  1. Can't install Dell 720 printer in MDV2007.1

    Using MDV2007.1 , I am struggling to install a Dell 720 Photo printer
    in Mandriva control panel. Although the printer is recognised by its
    name ,the printer is NOT in the list , no driver can be found.
    I understand it is in fact a Lexmark printer . I have had a look at
    available drivers at www.cups.org ,without success .
    Could someone on this NG please give me a hint how to proceed.

    TIA

    Frank , in northern Scotland

  2. Re: Can't install Dell 720 printer in MDV2007.1

    Highland Ham wrote:

    > Using MDV2007.1 , I am struggling to install a Dell 720 Photo printer
    > in Mandriva control panel. Although the printer is recognised by its
    > name ,the printer is NOT in the list , no driver can be found.
    > I understand it is in fact a Lexmark printer . I have had a look at
    > available drivers at www.cups.org ,without success .
    > Could someone on this NG please give me a hint how to proceed.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Frank , in northern Scotland

    Take a look at:

    www.linuxprinting.org

    I don't know if it'll be referenced under Dell or Lexmark. (I can't reach
    the web site at the moment.)

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread