toutchpad in HP notebook - Mandriva

This is a discussion on toutchpad in HP notebook - Mandriva ; Greetings, Using Mandriva 208 i586 on a HP 530 notebook. How do I disable the "touch pad"? HP tels me I have to use Vista to do it. There must be a more civilised way of doing it! Any suggestions ...

  1. toutchpad in HP notebook

    Greetings,
    Using Mandriva 208 i586 on a HP 530 notebook.

    How do I disable the "touch pad"?

    HP tels me I have to use Vista to do it. There must be a more
    civilised way of doing it!

    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

    TIA

    Rgds
    Edward
    Registered Linux User No. 224802

  2. Re: toutchpad in HP notebook

    egh wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > Using Mandriva 208 i586 on a HP 530 notebook.
    >
    > How do I disable the "touch pad"?
    >
    > HP tels me I have to use Vista to do it. There must be a more
    > civilised way of doing it!
    >
    > Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Rgds
    > Edward
    > Registered Linux User No. 224802

    there should be a button neer the pad to disable it

  3. Re: toutchpad in HP notebook

    chris gareau wrote:

    > HP 530 notebook.

    I assume you just want to use a usb or ps2 mouse when you puit the mouse in
    the os should disable the touch pad

+ Reply to Thread