Just had to tell..... - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Just had to tell..... - Mandriva ; Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux. The German "unenploymentoffice and social security office" will move over to Linux. Now, today, I was asked to ...

  1. Just had to tell.....

    Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move
    totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux.
    The German "unenploymentoffice and social security office" will move
    over to Linux.
    Now, today, I was asked to give an introduction to Linux where I work, a
    rather big producer of food packaging. I will, IF they decide to move on
    to an emigration to Linux (I will tell them about Mandriva) tell you all
    the name of the enterprise.
    I just had to share it with you all helpful people, 'cause this is good
    news.

    All the best
    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be towards others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Just had to tell.....

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:07:23 +0100, Roger wrote:

    > Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move
    > totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux. The German
    > "unenploymentoffice and social security office" will move over to Linux.
    > Now, today, I was asked to give an introduction to Linux where I work, a
    > rather big producer of food packaging. I will, IF they decide to move on
    > to an emigration to Linux (I will tell them about Mandriva) tell you all
    > the name of the enterprise.
    > I just had to share it with you all helpful people, 'cause this is good
    > news.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

    Pretty cool - thanks for the notes.

  3. Re: Just had to tell.....

    Roger wrote:

    > Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move
    > totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux.
    > The German "unenploymentoffice and social security office" will move
    > over to Linux.

    I guess Microsoft isn't too popular in Europe. The E.U. just fined them
    899 Million euros (1.35 Billion US Dollars) for failing to comply with
    an anti-trust order.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...yc0&refer=home

    > Now, today, I was asked to give an introduction to Linux where I work, a
    > rather big producer of food packaging. I will, IF they decide to move on
    > to an emigration to Linux (I will tell them about Mandriva) tell you all
    > the name of the enterprise.
    > I just had to share it with you all helpful people, 'cause this is good
    > news.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

  4. Re: Just had to tell.....

    wrote:

    >Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move
    >totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux.

    The french parliament too. The "funiest" thing is that they are the
    same ones that voted the law again piracy, that makes illegal to look
    (or hear) a copyrited movie or music with an open source program. So
    if they want to hear music in they new linux powered computers, they
    will have to break their own law.

    Listening for the lobies from one side, fearing industrial spying from
    another :-)

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  5. Re: Just had to tell.....

    sebas22 skrev:
    > On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:07:23 +0100, Roger
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all, as you all might have heard, the French La Gendarmerie will move
    >> totally over to Linux, Ubuntu though but still...Linux.

    > The french parliament too. The "funiest" thing is that they are the
    > same ones that voted the law again piracy, that makes illegal to look
    > (or hear) a copyrited movie or music with an open source program. So
    > if they want to hear music in they new linux powered computers, they
    > will have to break their own law.
    >
    > Listening for the lobies from one side, fearing industrial spying from
    > another :-)

    Newsflash

    Yesterday I was contacted by the personal-office and called for a brief
    meeting.
    They wanted me to install Mandriva Free 2008 on one three year old
    Toshiba laptop so they could assess it and try it out. I took the laptop
    home and installed Mandriva on it...It went by flawlessly, but before I
    did that I installed Thunderbird for Windows on it, and imported every
    mail on that machine into Thunderbird, saved the Thunderbird folder on a
    usb-hard drive and imported that folder into the Toshiba after I had
    installed Mandriva on it. It was so fun to see those faces when I
    switched on the machine for them, and started Thunderbird with all those
    old mail's in it =0). "Oh, it looks like Windows"
    "Ha, that program looks better than Outlook, let me see...." I had a
    enjoyable three hours looking at them trying out the machine, Open
    office, Firefox and Thunderbird, they was a bit pussled with the
    "behavior" and modus-operandi of the "Home" folder but they shook that
    away as a minor "habit-problem". I was dismissed with the words "this
    looks great." and with a promise that they would bring this higher up in
    the hiarcy....I just hope this will spread.
    I will not give away the corporations name yet, but we are located in
    Norway. Just wish me luck people, I haven't had this much excitement
    since Christmas =0)

    All the best

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be towards others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

+ Reply to Thread