KDE 4 Boring? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on KDE 4 Boring? - Mandriva ; I installed KDE4, the real'4' that just came out and to my surprise it loaded on my vintage vidio pen111 2008 as a separate os from KDE 3.5.7. What put me in the dumps is that the screen savers and ...

  1. KDE 4 Boring?

    I installed KDE4, the real'4' that just came out and to my surprise it
    loaded on my vintage vidio pen111 2008 as a separate os from KDE 3.5.7.
    What put me in the dumps is that the screen savers and not even the
    screen pictures work. All is a bumb grey. Is this because I don't have a
    strong enough vidio card? Also the fonts are the size of ants no matter
    what I do. The whole system comes over like a tired GNOME's faint last
    effort. What are the dumb splotchy roundy grey squares behind
    everything? And why the pointy punchy adventure trip instead of a menu?

  2. Re: KDE 4 Boring?

    Baldeagle wrote:

    > I installed KDE4, the real'4' that just came out and to my surprise it
    > loaded on my vintage vidio pen111 2008 as a separate os from KDE 3.5.7.
    > What put me in the dumps is that the screen savers and not even the
    > screen pictures work. All is a bumb grey. Is this because I don't have a
    > strong enough vidio card? Also the fonts are the size of ants no matter
    > what I do. The whole system comes over like a tired GNOME's faint last
    > effort. What are the dumb splotchy roundy grey squares behind
    > everything? And why the pointy punchy adventure trip instead of a menu?

    So do something about it instead of complaining. Wimp.
    --
    scott me up beamy there's no edible life on this planet

  3. Re: KDE 4 Boring?

    On 26 Feb, 06:11, tedlane wrote:

    > So do something about it instead of complaining. Wimp.

    There's nothing like a helpful, considered response. And that's
    nothing like a helpful, considered response.

  4. Re: KDE 4 Boring?

    tedlane wrote:

    > Baldeagle wrote:
    >
    >> I installed KDE4, the real'4' that just came out and to my surprise it
    >> loaded on my vintage vidio pen111 2008 as a separate os from KDE 3.5.7.
    >> What put me in the dumps is that the screen savers and not even the
    >> screen pictures work. All is a bumb grey. Is this because I don't have a
    >> strong enough vidio card? Also the fonts are the size of ants no matter
    >> what I do. The whole system comes over like a tired GNOME's faint last
    >> effort. What are the dumb splotchy roundy grey squares behind
    >> everything? And why the pointy punchy adventure trip instead of a menu?

    > So do something about it instead of complaining. Wimp.

    If your system can be described as "vintage" (and if you are surprised that
    KDE4 worked at all) is your display good enough? Sorry, the part number
    means nothing to me.

    Doug

  5. Re: KDE 4 Boring?

    Baldeagle wrote:
    > I installed KDE4, the real'4' that just came out and to my surprise it
    > loaded on my vintage vidio pen111 2008 as a separate os from KDE 3.5.7.
    > What put me in the dumps is that the screen savers and not even the
    > screen pictures work. All is a bumb grey. Is this because I don't have a
    > strong enough vidio card? Also the fonts are the size of ants no matter
    > what I do. The whole system comes over like a tired GNOME's faint last
    > effort. What are the dumb splotchy roundy grey squares behind
    > everything? And why the pointy punchy adventure trip instead of a menu?

    Thanks, I got it, the machine is a piece of junk.

+ Reply to Thread