how to install rpm from installation media - Mandriva

This is a discussion on how to install rpm from installation media - Mandriva ; i am a newbie, got installed RHEL5 with default packages-so i consider i left out many things.Now i am trying to install those things but copying rpm from Server directory and installing but it doesnt work(too many dependencies), is there ...

  1. how to install rpm from installation media

    i am a newbie, got installed RHEL5 with default packages-so i consider
    i left out many things.Now i am trying to install those things but
    copying rpm from Server directory and installing but it doesnt
    work(too many dependencies), is there a way i can use yum without
    getting registered with RHN? all i want is to install packages that i
    have left out during the installation...coz somewhere i read that can
    be done post installation. how do i do it? please help or guide me to
    a proper place where i can get the solution to my problem. thanks in
    advance.

  2. Re: how to install rpm from installation media

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:32:38 -0800 (PST), shank wrote:
    > i am a newbie, got installed RHEL5 with default packages-so i consider
    > i left out many things. Now i am trying to install those things but
    > copying rpm from Server

    > please help or guide me to a proper place where i can get the
    > solution to my problem. thanks in advance.

    This is a Mandriva Linux Usenetgroup, not a Red Hat Linux group.

    You might want to start by posting the question in one of the 30+
    redhat usenet groups.

  3. Re: how to install rpm from installation media

    On Feb 26, 12:37 am, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:32:38 -0800 (PST), shank wrote:
    > > i am a newbie, got installed RHEL5 with default packages-so i consider
    > > i left out many things. Now i am trying to install those things but
    > > copying rpm from Server
    > > please help or guide me to a proper place where i can get the
    > > solution to my problem. thanks in advance.

    > This is a Mandriva Linux Usenetgroup, not a Red Hat Linux group.
    >
    > You might want to start by posting the question in one of the 30+
    > redhat usenet groups.

    sorry guys! but was so frustrated posted on the first thing that said
    Linux, anyway if anyone can help do let me know!

  4. Re: how to install rpm from installation media

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:56:41 -0800 (PST), shank wrote:

    > sorry guys! but was so frustrated posted on the first thing that said
    > Linux, anyway if anyone can help do let me know!

    The problem there is, if we start answering questions which belong in
    other groups, it reduces the usefulness of this group when other
    people start coming here for answers.

    You are posting from google.
    Use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Plug package manager server in the first box and an
    asterisk redhat asterisk
    in the group box to get a list of redhat news groups.

    PS:
    You might want to consider using a real Usenet news server.
    Some people are starting to kill file posts from google.

  5. Re: how to install rpm from installation media

    On Feb 26, 1:04 am, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:56:41 -0800 (PST), shank wrote:
    > > sorry guys! but was so frustrated posted on the first thing that said
    > > Linux, anyway if anyone can help do let me know!

    > The problem there is, if we start answering questions which belong in
    > other groups, it reduces the usefulness of this group when other
    > people start coming here for answers.
    >
    > You are posting from google.
    > Usehttp://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >
    > Plug package manager server in the first box and an
    > asterisk redhat asterisk
    > in the group box to get a list of redhat news groups.
    >
    > PS:
    > You might want to consider using a real Usenet news server.
    > Some people are starting to kill file posts from google.

    thank u for help!
    and i understand

+ Reply to Thread