Further info was Problem using GNOME apps in KDE - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Further info was Problem using GNOME apps in KDE - Mandriva ; On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:35:32 -0500, Nyssa wrote: > > I have the .gtkrc under HOME with a few lines > generated by the GNOME settings daemon. > Specifically a couple of includes to point to > a generic ...

  1. Re: Further info was Problem using GNOME apps in KDE

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:35:32 -0500, Nyssa wrote:

    > I have the .gtkrc under HOME with a few lines
    > generated by the GNOME settings daemon.
    > Specifically a couple of includes to point to
    > a generic theme under /usr/share and another
    > HOME file, .gtkrc.mine. Neither one seems to
    > make a difference when trying to run under
    > KDE.
    >
    > I've got a ton of other GNOME-related directories
    > and files under HOME as well.
    >
    > I may try sticking a copy of the .gtkrc files
    > somewhere under the kderc or kde HOME directory
    > to see if that makes any difference. I doubt
    > it, but trying it is free.

    No, no, I suggest creating a test account, say junk.
    Now log in as junk and see if it is a user problem or a system wide problem.

  2. Further info was Problem using GNOME apps in KDE

    Thanks for the pitching in of the two cents,
    everyone.

    To throw more fuel on the fire and to answer
    some questions raised...

    I have the .gtkrc under HOME with a few lines
    generated by the GNOME settings daemon.
    Specifically a couple of includes to point to
    a generic theme under /usr/share and another
    HOME file, .gtkrc.mine. Neither one seems to
    make a difference when trying to run under
    KDE.

    I've got a ton of other GNOME-related directories
    and files under HOME as well.

    I may try sticking a copy of the .gtkrc files
    somewhere under the kderc or kde HOME directory
    to see if that makes any difference. I doubt
    it, but trying it is free.

    I'll keep hacking at it and keep checking for
    any new ideas presented here. In the two weeks
    since I've upgraded, problems just keep
    multipling, including a problem with the
    Mandrake Control Center which makes things
    even more interesting. (I think I can trace
    "losing" access to my DVD and CD-ROM devices
    to this piece of cr*p.)

    Back to the wars...

    Nyssa, who wishes she had stuck with 10.0 and
    its foibles instead

  3. Re: Further info was Problem using GNOME apps in KDE

    On Feb 22, 12:32 pm, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:35:32 -0500, Nyssa wrote:
    >
    > > I have the .gtkrc under HOME with a few lines
    > > generated by the GNOME settings daemon.
    > > Specifically a couple of includes to point to
    > > a generic theme under /usr/share and another
    > > HOME file, .gtkrc.mine. Neither one seems to
    > > make a difference when trying to run under
    > > KDE.

    > > I've got a ton of other GNOME-related directories
    > > and files under HOME as well.

    > > I may try sticking a copy of the .gtkrc files
    > > somewhere under the kderc or kde HOME directory
    > > to see if that makes any difference. I doubt
    > > it, but trying it is free.

    > No, no, I suggest creating a test account, say junk.
    > Now log in as junk and see if it is a user problem or a system wide problem.

    For Nyssa, set this new test account's default wm as GNOME perhaps?
    THEN after one session with the GNOME apps you(Nyssa) frequently use,
    save settings and switch this test account to KDE.

    Sometimes it feels like, you'd rather try on Steve Martin's Cruel
    Shoes instead (google for it heh heh)

+ Reply to Thread