Auth problem with popa3d - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Auth problem with popa3d - Mandriva ; I have desided to change the router that I have from Mandriva 2005 LE to Mandriva 2008. I have everything up and running, Webmin (upgraded) fetchmail, working when I force it to check mail so I can see the output, ...

  1. Auth problem with popa3d

    I have desided to change the router that I have from Mandriva 2005 LE to
    Mandriva 2008. I have everything up and running, Webmin (upgraded)
    fetchmail, working when I force it to check mail so I can see the
    output, spamassassin configured togheter with procmail, witch throw away
    spam. I have set up popa3d to start when it is asked for, but when I try
    to login I have an -ERR message when I give it my password, witch I have
    checked and rechecked. When I try to telnet into the server with port
    110, everything works fine until I state the PASS phrase and gives it my
    password, the I just get -ERR and a message that the connection is
    closed by foreign host. In the log I find this: "Failed or refused to
    load /var/spool/mail/user". I have tried to change the read/write
    permission in many ways, and I am able to read the folder with my
    user-rights, AND I have emptied the folder with "> /var/spool/mail/user"
    command, but this problem persist. Are there anyone who could please try
    to help me?

    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be towards others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Auth problem with popa3d

    On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:53:15 -0500, Roger wrote:

    > spam. I have set up popa3d to start when it is asked for, but when I try
    > to login I have an -ERR message when I give it my password, witch I have

    I have no experience with the popa3d package. I'd suggest installing
    the imap package, which includes pop/imap, with/without ssl, as a
    regular service, or under xinetd.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins