Active Directory identification works, but no getent ... - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Active Directory identification works, but no getent ... - Mandriva ; Hi. all is in the header.... everything works fine ( krb5, winwind, auth.... but I need getent to return the group and/or passwd from The AD. it works fine an a 2006.1 but do not in 2008. any ideas ? ...

  1. Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    Hi.

    all is in the header....
    everything works fine ( krb5, winwind, auth.... but I need getent to return
    the group and/or passwd from The AD. it works fine an a 2006.1 but do not in
    2008.

    any ideas ?

    ps : my /etc/nsswitch.conf :

    passwd winbind files
    group winbind files

    many thanks by advance

  2. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    "Phig" wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > all is in the header....
    > everything works fine ( krb5, winwind, auth.... but I need getent to
    > return the group and/or passwd from The AD. it works fine an a 2006.1
    > but do not in 2008.
    >
    > any ideas ?
    >
    > ps : my /etc/nsswitch.conf :
    >
    > passwd winbind files
    > group winbind files
    >

    > many thanks by advance

    What is the output of

    wbinfo -u
    wbinfo -g

    --
    Dave

  3. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    "Dave Pickles" a écrit dans le message de news:
    47bc826c$0$2454$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
    > "Phig" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> all is in the header....
    >> everything works fine ( krb5, winwind, auth.... but I need getent to
    >> return the group and/or passwd from The AD. it works fine an a 2006.1
    >> but do not in 2008.
    >>
    >> any ideas ?
    >>
    >> ps : my /etc/nsswitch.conf :
    >>
    >> passwd winbind files
    >> group winbind files
    >>

    >> many thanks by advance

    > What is the output of
    >
    > wbinfo -u
    > wbinfo -g
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    wbinfo -g and wbinfo -u returns groups and users !
    but getent does not. and webmin use this to list user's mailboxes....

    don't know how to handle this prob....

  4. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    la figue wrote:

    >> What is the output of
    >>
    >> wbinfo -u
    >> wbinfo -g
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave

    > wbinfo -g and wbinfo -u returns groups and users !

    Good, so samba is correctly joined to the AD domain and winbind is
    working.

    > but getent does not. and webmin use this to list user's mailboxes....
    >
    > don't know how to handle this prob....

    Drat, I've seen this problem but can't remember what the solution was...
    --
    Dave

  5. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    maybe you will remember .....
    thanks for your help ( not solved)

    "Dave Pickles" a écrit dans le message de news:
    47bdb070$0$21087$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk...
    > la figue wrote:
    >
    >>> What is the output of
    >>>
    >>> wbinfo -u
    >>> wbinfo -g
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Dave

    >> wbinfo -g and wbinfo -u returns groups and users !

    > Good, so samba is correctly joined to the AD domain and winbind is
    > working.
    >
    >> but getent does not. and webmin use this to list user's mailboxes....
    >>
    >> don't know how to handle this prob....

    > Drat, I've seen this problem but can't remember what the solution was...
    > --
    > Dave

  6. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    "Dave Pickles" a écrit dans le message de news:
    47bdb070$0$21087$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk...
    > la figue wrote:
    >
    >>> What is the output of
    >>>
    >>> wbinfo -u
    >>> wbinfo -g
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Dave

    >> wbinfo -g and wbinfo -u returns groups and users !

    > Good, so samba is correctly joined to the AD domain and winbind is
    > working.
    >
    >> but getent does not. and webmin use this to list user's mailboxes....
    >>
    >> don't know how to handle this prob....

    > Drat, I've seen this problem but can't remember what the solution was...
    > --
    > Dave

    found the answer :

    missing two lines in SMB.conf :

    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

  7. Re: Active Directory identification works, but no getent ...

    "Phig" wrote:

    > found the answer :
    >
    > missing two lines in SMB.conf :
    >
    > winbind enum users = yes
    > winbind enum groups = yes

    I wondered about those but I thought that the wbinfo command wouldn't work
    if they were missing.

    Glad you got it working; sorry I couldn't be more help.
    --
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread