Re: 2008.0 on ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard - help! - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: 2008.0 on ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard - help! - Mandriva ; dmathog@sbcglobal.net wrote: Regarding HPET, is that built into the 2008.0 kernel or is it a module? Similarly, does 2008.0 use "rtc" or "rtc-cmos"? Because I am wondering if the HPET problem reported on 690G motherboards is due to missing drivers, ...

  1. Re: 2008.0 on ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard - help!

    dmathog@sbcglobal.net wrote:

    Regarding HPET, is that built into the 2008.0 kernel or is it a module?
    Similarly, does 2008.0 use "rtc" or "rtc-cmos"?

    Because I am wondering if the HPET problem reported on 690G motherboards
    is due to missing drivers, or if there is some HPET incompatibility with
    the kernel.

    Thanks,

    David Mathog

  2. Re: 2008.0 on ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard - help!

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:38:36 -0500, David Mathog wrote:

    > Regarding HPET, is that built into the 2008.0 kernel or is it a module?
    > Similarly, does 2008.0 use "rtc" or "rtc-cmos"?

    I don't know if it's changed with kernel updates, since install, but
    the current version has ...

    # grep HPET /usr/src/linux-2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv/.config
    CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y
    CONFIG_HPET=y
    # CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ is not set
    CONFIG_HPET_MMAP=y

    grep RTC /usr/src/linux-2.6.22.18-desktop-1mdv/.config
    # CONFIG_RTC is not set
    CONFIG_GEN_RTC=y
    CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
    # CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ is not set
    CONFIG_RTC_LIB=y
    CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
    # CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS is not set
    # CONFIG_RTC_DEBUG is not set
    # RTC interfaces
    CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
    # CONFIG_RTC_INTF_PROC is not set
    CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV=y
    CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV_UIE_EMUL=y
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_TEST=m
    # I2C RTC drivers
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1307=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1672=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MAX6900=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_RS5C372=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_ISL1208=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_X1205=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8563=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8583=m
    # SPI RTC drivers
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_RS5C348=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MAX6902=m
    # Platform RTC drivers
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CMOS=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1553=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1742=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M48T86=m
    CONFIG_RTC_DRV_V3020=m

    > Because I am wondering if the HPET problem reported on 690G motherboards
    > is due to missing drivers, or if there is some HPET incompatibility with
    > the kernel.

    From the .config, it looks like HPET is compiled in, as well as general
    RTC, but RTC_DRV_CMOS is compiled as a module.

    Not sure if this helps, or not.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: 2008.0 on ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard - help!

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > From the .config, it looks like HPET is compiled in, as well as general
    > RTC, but RTC_DRV_CMOS is compiled as a module.
    >
    > Not sure if this helps, or not.

    That seems like it should be good enough to not be causing the udev
    reboot issue, unless that is related to video somehow.

    I'll try to debug the udev issue tonight. Not quite sure how yet though.

    /etc/udev/udev.conf

    has a logging option which is currently set at "err". I'll try changing
    that to "debug" or "info" and hope whatever the issue is, the relevant
    message doesn't fly off the top of the screen before I can read it.

    The BIOS on this machine has no "PNP Operating System" bit to disable.
    Perhaps I'll set what is there to manual, so at least the IRQs will have
    defined associations.

    Thanks,

    David Mathog

+ Reply to Thread