m4a - Mandriva

This is a discussion on m4a - Mandriva ; What is the deal with m4a? how do you play this format on linux? I read you have to remake them as mp3 is this right?...

  1. m4a

    What is the deal with m4a?

    how do you play this format on linux?

    I read you have to remake them as mp3
    is this right?

  2. Re: m4a

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:10:44 -0500, Helaman wrote:

    > What is the deal with m4a?
    > how do you play this format on linux?

    Vlc player from plf plays m4a ...
    rpm -q -f /usr/lib/vlc/demux/libm4a_plugin.so
    vlc-0.8.6d-1plf2008.0

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: m4a

    Quoth David W. Hodgins :

    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:10:44 -0500, Helaman
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What is the deal with m4a?
    >> how do you play this format on linux?

    > Vlc player from plf plays m4a ...
    > rpm -q -f /usr/lib/vlc/demux/libm4a_plugin.so
    > vlc-0.8.6d-1plf2008.0

    I play 'em just fine with amarok using the xine engine.

    xine related RPMs I have installed:
    amarok-engine-xine
    libxine1
    xine-plugins