Are you sure? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Are you sure? - Mandriva ; Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone. Where does that parameter hide? Mandriva 2008 KDE 3.5.7 Thanks in advance...

  1. Are you sure?

    Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone.
    Where does that parameter hide?

    Mandriva 2008
    KDE 3.5.7

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Are you sure?

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:49:16 -0800, Bill Pfeifer wrote:
    > Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone.
    > Where does that parameter hide?
    >
    > Mandriva 2008
    > KDE 3.5.7

    And what pray tell, is the command which you preformed which used to
    provide the prompt?

  3. Re: Are you sure?

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 01:49:16 -0500, Bill Pfeifer wrote:

    > Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone.
    > Where does that parameter hide?

    I'll take a guess, that you are talking about deleting files in konqueror.

    Select Menu/Run, enter "kcontrol". Select KDE Components/File Manager.
    On the Behaviour tab, select Ask for confirmation, for Move to wastebin,
    and delete.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: Are you sure?

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 01:49:16 -0500, Bill Pfeifer
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone.
    >> Where does that parameter hide?

    > I'll take a guess, that you are talking about deleting files in konqueror.
    >
    > Select Menu/Run, enter "kcontrol". Select KDE Components/File Manager.
    > On the Behaviour tab, select Ask for confirmation, for Move to wastebin,
    > and delete.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thanks. That was it.
    Just out of curiosity, I backed up .kde before the change and did a diff.
    Its in .kde/share/config/konquerorrc under [Trash]
    ConfirmDelete=true
    ConfirmTrash=true

    In the old file, ConfirmTrash was false, but ConfirmDelete was missing
    altogether.

    All is well now.

  5. Re: Are you sure?

    Bill Pfeifer wrote:

    > Don't know what I did, but the "Are you sure?" prompt is gone.
    > Where does that parameter hide?

    I'm not sure.

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

    --