udev loading slooooooooow - Mandriva

This is a discussion on udev loading slooooooooow - Mandriva ; udev is takeing a long time to load and my computer times out and justs continues loading without wateing for it where can I start looking for the problem...

  1. udev loading slooooooooow

    udev is takeing a long time to load and my computer times out and justs
    continues loading without wateing for it

    where can I start looking for the problem

  2. Re: udev loading slooooooooow

    Hi chris,

    if u have a scanner attached while booting this may give u a hint:

    Its an Error in the update package for sane-backends, at least it showed up
    as that in my case.

    Solution, uninstall sane-backends (the version from update) and install
    sane-backends from main-release, also add sane-backends
    in /etc/urpmi/skip.list

    Reboot and udev should be working again.

    Hth
    Jens

    --
    To Reply by Mail remove .nospam