    My Ubuntu machine got the patch already a couple of days ago.

    JimR

  2. Re: When will exploit be patched

    On 2008-02-14, JimR wrote:
    > When will the Mandriva package maintainers patch the root exploit to the
    > vmsplice object? This is a serious security flaw that was announced
    > almost a week ago.
    >
    > My Ubuntu machine got the patch already a couple of days ago.

    I downloaded the updated kernel RPMs night before last and
    installed the appropriate one on my machines yesterday.
    Look at

    http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/...ies?dis=2008.0

    http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/...MDVSA-2008:044

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: When will exploit be patched

    Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:

    > On 2008-02-14, JimR wrote:
    >> When will the Mandriva package maintainers patch the root
    >> exploit to the
    >> vmsplice object? This is a serious security flaw that was
    >> announced almost a week ago.
    >>
    >> My Ubuntu machine got the patch already a couple of days ago.

    > I downloaded the updated kernel RPMs night before last and
    > installed the appropriate one on my machines yesterday.
    > Look at
    >
    > http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/...ies?dis=2008.0

    http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/...MDVSA-2008:044

    Yep, my 2008.0 install was updated with the new kernel on the
    12th, three days ago. The mandrivaupdate applet handled it all
    very smoothly including adding new entries to the grub menu.

+ Reply to Thread